Re: Problem with iTunes not seeing my feed

  • CAT
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 16, 2007
      OK folks, I've figured it out.
      I thought I would share with you how I resolved the problem in case
      others come looking to this list for the answer.

      My first clue became apararent when the error that iTunes gave
      was "can not find ipod_rss". The file was actually called
      ipod_rss.xml.
      In my old feed (ipod_rss.xml) on my old host the following line was
      put in by podpress into the feed (older version of podpress)
      <itunes:new-feed-
      url>http://letsknit2gether.com/feed/ipod_rss</itunes:new-feed-url>

      I never saw this problem because my old host was resolving this URL
      to go to the file WITH the .xml extension.
      On my new host, it did not resolve this.
      What I did was, copy the ipod_rss.xml to ipod_rss and put the new-
      feed-URL tag to point to the .xml file and it works. Eventually I
      will remove the file without the .xml extension once iTunes clients
      pick it up.

      Thanks to all who responded.
      CAT

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Steven R. Boyett" <steve@...>