Links

  • lensipes
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5 8:17 AM
      I run a audio and video podcast site for a federal criminal justice
      agency, http://media.csosa.gov
      The TV and radio shows are titled "DC Public
      Safety." Per Google, we are the most popular criminal justice podcast
      listed.

      I understand that Google likes links that naturally come to the site,
      and those links improve your search rankings.

      My question is whether it makes sense to add links from your site to
      other worthy sites to improve your search rankings, and as a service to
      visitors?

      My second question is "what is a link"? Google states that my site has
      two incoming links via blogroll, when there are many well known
      organizations that have pages devoted to my site. Does a link have to
      be in blogroll to count?

      Please contact me at leonard.sipes@... or 202-220-5616.

      Thanks, Len Sipes.