Re: [podcasters] Re: I Love Talking Books Is Our Newest Website

    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 3, 2007
      David: If you want to get your feet wet reading audiobooks, I strongly
      suggest checking out the Librivox project: http://librivox.org

      They're a distributed effort to narrate thousands if public domain
      works, a chapter or two at a time, and they can always use more
      voices. It's good stuff.

      On 12/3/07, David Smith <dbsmith@...> wrote:
      > It was 29 Nov 2007, when evo@... commented:
      >
      > > On 11/28/07, writerpatrick <writerpatrick@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Do you take submissions or do you just work with existing audiobook?
      > >
      > > Podiobooks.com is completely based on submissions, Patrick. If you ar
      > > looking to mix podcasting together with an audiobook, come see us. :)
      >
      > Related (marginally): after listening to several Podiobooks and Lovin' It,
      > I started researching a bit.
      >
      > I found on Podiobooks.com an Alan Nourse book ("Star Surgeon"), from the
      > late '50s, put up as "public domain." I remember the title from back in
      > the day, and was surprised I hadn't already read the book.
      >
      > I don't write any significant amount, but I'd like to try doing audio
      > books. I worry about the claimed "public domain" nature of such books. I
      > know there are sources for stuff that is definitely public domain, but
      > doing an audiobook of something I remember reading in paperback from my
      > youth would be Really Cool.
      >
      > But I worry about the liscensing issues.
      >
      > Are such stories PD in any real sense?
      >
      > If not, why would they be on Podiobooks?
      >
      > If so, where do I find books I can legitimately voice?
      >
      > Thanks, and no offense.
      >
      > --
      > Grizzly's Growls -- The Life and Times of a Minor Local
      > Celebrity
      > Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
      > Listen or Subscribe:
      > <http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • shepdave2003
      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 5, 2007
        Actually, I tried this with my iRiver iFP790, and it didn't work
        particularly well. I even got the Shure impedance-matching transformer
        and had rather poor results.

        It was that frustration that moved me to look at the R09 and H4, and
        to finally go with the H4.

        Dave Shepherd

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Jason Thomas <gboy1906@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the info Dave! : ) You could have got an plug to which
        you could switch 1/4 to 1/8 and plug the Sure 58m into the Edirol, I
        think. Anyone got the deal on the Edirol?

        --
        Dave's Midlife Blog
        http://davesmidlife.com