Re: [podcasters] Really good on-page MP3 player

  • P. Dilly
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 3, 2007
      Don't forget the free podcast pickle player. There are several styles to
      choose from and you can design your own color combinations
      http://www.podcastpickle.com/app/player/

      Gary Leland

      www.PodcastPickle.com
      www.PickleReviews.com
      www.PickleMobile.com
      www.PodcasterTree.com
      www.PodcastJunk.com
      www.PodcastInspector.com
      www.DillDomains.com
      www.iLoveTalkingBooks.com
      www.MySalesAccount.com

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 3, 2007
        Todd, you need to look in the context of the email. The BluBrry player (from
        what I have seen) doesn't work for individual MP3 files not in an RSS feed.

        David Smith wrote:

        > It was 30 Nov 2007, when Brains Matter commented:
        >
        > > And for another one in the mix, I use a free player from Big Contact
        > >
        > > <http://v2.bigcontact.com/ <http://v2.bigcontact.com/>>
        > >
        > > on my page. You just point it at your RSS feed, and listeners can
        > > choose whichever episode they want to play through the flash player.
        > > Has forward, rewind, etc. and there are different player sizes to
        > > choose
        > from.
        > >
        > > OG
        >
        > And another. Libsyn has a cooperative agreement with Kiptronic.
        > Kiptronic provides a free MP3 player that looks at the provided feed
        > and will play any MP3 file on the feed. Works adequately from my
        > experience so far. Also generates stats available to potential
        > advertisers -- for good or ill.
        >
        > I've also looked at a player provided for one of the providers of
        > <http://owenpoteat.com <http://owenpoteat.com>>. I've been using some
        > of Owen's music on my podcast, btw.
        >
        > The player is provided by a hosting provider for independent recording
        > artists. I forget the company name/website; couldn't find it on a
        > little poking around. Feature: it starts trying to play when you open the
        page.
        > Vulnerability/Flaw: it starts trying to play when you open the page.
        >
        > It's a script, so I had to open NoScript for that source, and allow
        > popups to allow for purposes of downloading the appropriate MP3 files.
        > Still, see Feature above.
        >
        > --
        > Grizzly's Growls -- The Life and Times of a Minor Local Celebrity
        > Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>>
        > Listen or Subscribe:
        > <http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls
        > <http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>>

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Todd Cochrane
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 3, 2007
          This is true and apologize if that is what someone is looking for. We
          have the ability to do a single episode but again it has to be tied to a
          RSS feed. The player I used to use was the Wimpy player it has a lot of
          configuration power. I had it on my site for about a 2 years. No RSS
          required.

          Todd..

          Mike wrote:

          > Todd, you need to look in the context of the email. The BluBrry player
          > (from
          > what I have seen) doesn't work for individual MP3 files not in an RSS
          > feed.

        • David Smith
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 3, 2007
            Valid point, but I haven't seen too many weblink players that don't depend
            on an RSS feed to tell them what they can play.

            It was 3 Dec 2007, when Mike commented:

            --
            Grizzly's Growls -- The Life and Times of a Minor Local
            Celebrity
            Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
            Listen or Subscribe:
            <http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>
          • Michael W. Dean
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 4, 2007
              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <koldark@...> wrote:

              > Todd, you need to look in the context of the email. The BluBrry
              player (from
              > what I have seen) doesn't work for individual MP3 files not in an
              RSS feed.
              ----=
              Yup.

              Basically, the thing I was posting about:
              http://www.premiumbeat.com
              was something I'd wanted, looked for, and couldn't fine until now: an
              easy-to-configure freestanding player for offering a sample of what a
              site offers, not the current episodes. (Delivering current episodes is
              what the RSS feed is for, in my opinion).

              I just wanted something to offer an MP3 file easily without the end
              user having to save the file or play in the browser, so people can
              quickly grok "Do I want to subscribe or not?".

              And I wanted it to not rely on branding from or links to
              third-parties, and not be dependent on an RSS feed. The Premium Beat
              one worked well for me for that. I've put it on several of my sites.
              (And in paid mode, which is cheap, it has no branding or links.)

              On the SAC podcast I made a seven-minute demo of snippets of different
              episodes as a "welcome to our world" sampler. People seem to like it.
              I've gotten a lot of hits on it, more than usual new subscriptions,
              and a few e-mails from users about it.

              The other players different people have mentioned here all have their
              uses and advantages, but these weren't the use I was looking for.

              Thank you,
              MWD
            • Michael W. Dean
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 4, 2007
                oops. Here's the correct link for the player:
                http://www.premiumbeat.com/flash_resources/free_flash_music_player/

                MWD