Re: [podcasters] Edirol R-09 vs Zoom H4

  • Martin McKeay
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 2, 2007
      I've had an H4 for about a year now, and while the sound quality is
      excellent, the usability of the H4 leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know
      much about the Edirol, so I can't give you a comparison.

      What re you planning on using it for, Chris? That may have a big impact on
      what people suggest.

      Martin

      On Dec 2, 2007 7:28 PM, Chris Kalaboukis <ck@...> wrote:

      > Thoughts?
      >
      > Is the Edirol worth the extra $100?
      >
      > Thanks...Chris
      > http://thinkfuture.com

      Martin McKeay, CISSP, GIAC:GSNA
      The Network Security Podcast
      http://www.mckeay.net/
      http://www.securityroundtable.com/
      http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/mckeay
      YIM: mmckeay@...
      707-495-7926

    • shepdave2003
      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 5, 2007
        Actually, I tried this with my iRiver iFP790, and it didn't work
        particularly well. I even got the Shure impedance-matching transformer
        and had rather poor results.

        It was that frustration that moved me to look at the R09 and H4, and
        to finally go with the H4.

        Dave Shepherd

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Jason Thomas <gboy1906@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the info Dave! : ) You could have got an plug to which
        you could switch 1/4 to 1/8 and plug the Sure 58m into the Edirol, I
        think. Anyone got the deal on the Edirol?

        --
        Dave's Midlife Blog
        http://davesmidlife.com