30Nov07 - Libsyn Error delivering files

  • Steve Holden
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2007
      Hello!

      I just noticed this on the Libsyn support page
      (http://www.libsyn.com/index.php?action=support):

      <<< begin quote >>>

      Fri, 30 November 2007
      Error delivering files
      We are currently experiencing issues with our file delivery CDN. You
      may experience intermittent issues as we are working with the data
      provider to fix the issue.

      More updates to follow.

      update: We have had been working all day between our origin data
      center and our CDN to resolve the issue. The problem continues to
      plague new files uploaded, and older files that may not have been
      downloaded in a while. We are looking to put some stop-gap fixes in
      place while the issues with the CDN get resolved.

      We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

      <<< end quote >>>

      Steve
    • Steven R. Boyett
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 2007
        I'm supposed to know what the hell a CDN is?

        --steve boyett

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 30, 2007
          CDN = Content Delivery Network last I checked Libsyn was using Amazon S3
          as their CDN, we switched PCN = PodcasterNews.com over to Panther
          Express which is another CDN this morning when the troubles started at
          Libsyn.

          Steven R. Boyett wrote:

          > I'm supposed to know what the hell a CDN is?
          >
          > --steve boyett
          >
          > _____

        • Steven R. Boyett
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 30, 2007
            Thanks for the explanation!

            --steve boyett

            _____

            Steven R. Boyett wrote:

            > I'm supposed to know what the hell a CDN is?
            >
            > --steve boyett
            >
            > _____

          • Lans Hobart
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 30, 2007
              Is this also the reason that it shows me NO stats when I go to the
              stats page? No little spinning thingee...no pie charts...just the CSV
              link.

              Lans
              The Enlighten Up Podcast
              www.enlighten-up.org

              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Steven R. Boyett" <steve@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for the explanation!
              >
              > --steve boyett
              >
              > _____

            • Michael W. Dean
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 30, 2007
                --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Lans Hobart" <wlhobart@...> wrote:

                > Is this also the reason that it shows me NO stats when I go to the
                > stats page? No little spinning thingee...no pie charts...just the CSV

                This happened for WEEKS with me.
                Write to support, then write again each week. polietly. They finally
                fixed mine.

                I figured out in the meantime, you can download the XML stats, open in
                Dreamweaver (or other HTML editor), copy and paste into Word, then
                search and replace a file name you want the stats for, (replace it
                with anything), and Word will tell you how many times it occurs on
                that page, which tells you how many total downloads that file has had.

                MWD
              • Todd Cochrane
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 30, 2007
                  No idea as I do not use their stats anymore since we put our stats
                  system online.

                  Todd..