Re: [podcasters] Re: Amazon Kindle's Secret Podcasting Support

  • Paul Puri
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
      On Nov 30, 2007 5:43 AM, Charles Hodgson <charles@...> wrote:

      > I haven't been able to see a kindle up close since they aren't
      > available in Canada, but I get mixed messages. Some sketchy reviews
      > of the things but still they sold out almost instantly. For podcast
      > use I don't know if they'd catch on. The whispernet distribution pipe
      > isn't a fat one and podcast file sizes might take lots of download
      > time if that's how they were being loaded. Kindle blog support is a
      > non-free thing too.
      >

      > The Kindle has a built in web browser, so reading a blog is as simple as
      visiting the site. The ones you are paying for are specifically formatted
      for the Kindle.

      The biggest feature on the Kindle is the free Sprint GSM connection. No need
      to search for wifi. As far as being available in Canada, I'm sure the small
      first production run is a factor in that, as well as the data plan rates
      available. When was the last time you saw any Canadian cell companies
      knocking down someones door to give them free data plans?

      ;>)