Re: Amazon Kindle's Secret Podcasting Support

  • Charles Hodgson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
      I haven't been able to see a kindle up close since they aren't
      available in Canada, but I get mixed messages. Some sketchy reviews
      of the things but still they sold out almost instantly. For podcast
      use I don't know if they'd catch on. The whispernet distribution pipe
      isn't a fat one and podcast file sizes might take lots of download
      time if that's how they were being loaded. Kindle blog support is a
      non-free thing too.
    • Paul Puri
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
        On Nov 30, 2007 5:43 AM, Charles Hodgson <charles@...> wrote:

        > I haven't been able to see a kindle up close since they aren't
        > available in Canada, but I get mixed messages. Some sketchy reviews
        > of the things but still they sold out almost instantly. For podcast
        > use I don't know if they'd catch on. The whispernet distribution pipe
        > isn't a fat one and podcast file sizes might take lots of download
        > time if that's how they were being loaded. Kindle blog support is a
        > non-free thing too.
        >

        > The Kindle has a built in web browser, so reading a blog is as simple as
        visiting the site. The ones you are paying for are specifically formatted
        for the Kindle.

        The biggest feature on the Kindle is the free Sprint GSM connection. No need
        to search for wifi. As far as being available in Canada, I'm sure the small
        first production run is a factor in that, as well as the data plan rates
        available. When was the last time you saw any Canadian cell companies
        knocking down someones door to give them free data plans?

        ;>)