Amazon Kindle's Secret Podcasting Support

  • Jake Ludington
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2007
      There's no documentation that the Kindle supports podcasts, but thanks
      to the Audible book support, any MP3 from a podcast gets all the same
      feaetures as audiobooks:
      Kindle's Podcasting Support
      <http://www.jakeludington.com/podcasting/20071129_kindles_secret_podcast\
      ing_feature.html>

    • Charles Hodgson
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
        I haven't been able to see a kindle up close since they aren't
        available in Canada, but I get mixed messages. Some sketchy reviews
        of the things but still they sold out almost instantly. For podcast
        use I don't know if they'd catch on. The whispernet distribution pipe
        isn't a fat one and podcast file sizes might take lots of download
        time if that's how they were being loaded. Kindle blog support is a
        non-free thing too.
      • Paul Puri
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
          On Nov 30, 2007 5:43 AM, Charles Hodgson <charles@...> wrote:

          > I haven't been able to see a kindle up close since they aren't
          > available in Canada, but I get mixed messages. Some sketchy reviews
          > of the things but still they sold out almost instantly. For podcast
          > use I don't know if they'd catch on. The whispernet distribution pipe
          > isn't a fat one and podcast file sizes might take lots of download
          > time if that's how they were being loaded. Kindle blog support is a
          > non-free thing too.
          >

          > The Kindle has a built in web browser, so reading a blog is as simple as
          visiting the site. The ones you are paying for are specifically formatted
          for the Kindle.

          The biggest feature on the Kindle is the free Sprint GSM connection. No need
          to search for wifi. As far as being available in Canada, I'm sure the small
          first production run is a factor in that, as well as the data plan rates
          available. When was the last time you saw any Canadian cell companies
          knocking down someones door to give them free data plans?

          ;>)