Really good on-page MP3 player

  • Michael W. Dean
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 29, 2007
      I'm using a really cool Flash-based MP3 player on my voiceover site.
      http://www.michaeldeanvoice.com
      It's really easy to use (just cut and paste the code into your page in
      your HTML editor, and change the code to reference your MP3, and
      upload two small files to the same folder.)

      The player is free from http://www.premiumbeat.com (who also have
      royalty-free music). You can also pay a little bit more and not have
      their logo and link on it. I have it like that on my page.

      They also have players that will play a list of MP3s, not just one MP3.

      MWD

      (Thanks Andy from Andycast for turning me onto this.)
    • Erk
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 29, 2007
        On my site for my podcast, I use a player from Podcast Pickle. You can
        pick one to suit your site and you can customize it as well. It even
        displays your album art on the "screen". If you get a multi-episode
        player, it will show the last few episodes from your feed. It plays
        alright too and it says (not that I've tried it yet) that you can use
        it for sites such as Myspace, Facebook etc.

        http://podcastpickle.com/app/player/

        Erk
        "Erk Pod - all Erk, all the time", Sydney Australia

        http://www.erkpod.com.au
        http://erkpodding.podshow.com/feed.xml NEW FEED
      • Brains Matter
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 30, 2007
          And for another one in the mix, I use a free player from Big Contact

          <http://v2.bigcontact.com/>

          on my page. You just point it at your RSS feed, and listeners can
          choose whichever episode they want to play through the flash player.
          Has forward, rewind, etc. and there are different player sizes to
          choose from.

          OG

          --
          Brains Matter Podcast
          Melbourne, Australia

          On 30/11/2007, at 9:59 AM, Erk wrote:

          > On my site for my podcast, I use a player from Podcast Pickle. You can
          > pick one to suit your site and you can customize it as well. It even
          > displays your album art on the "screen". If you get a multi-episode
          > player, it will show the last few episodes from your feed. It plays
          > alright too and it says (not that I've tried it yet) that you can use
          > it for sites such as Myspace, Facebook etc.
          >
          > http://podcastpickle.com/app/player/
          >
          > Erk
          > "Erk Pod - all Erk, all the time", Sydney Australia
          >
          > http://www.erkpod.com.au
          > http://erkpodding.podshow.com/feed.xml NEW FEED

        • David Smith
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 3, 2007
            It was 30 Nov 2007, when Brains Matter commented:

            > And for another one in the mix, I use a free player from Big Contact
            >
            > <http://v2.bigcontact.com/>
            >
            > on my page. You just point it at your RSS feed, and listeners can
            > choose whichever episode they want to play through the flash player. Has
            > forward, rewind, etc. and there are different player sizes to choose from.
            >
            > OG

            And another. Libsyn has a cooperative agreement with Kiptronic.
            Kiptronic provides a free MP3 player that looks at the provided feed and
            will play any MP3 file on the feed. Works adequately from my experience
            so far. Also generates stats available to potential advertisers -- for
            good or ill.

            I've also looked at a player provided for one of the providers of
            <http://owenpoteat.com>. I've been using some of Owen's music on my
            podcast, btw.

            The player is provided by a hosting provider for independent recording
            artists. I forget the company name/website; couldn't find it on a little
            poking around. Feature: it starts trying to play when you open the page.
            Vulnerability/Flaw: it starts trying to play when you open the page.

            It's a script, so I had to open NoScript for that source, and allow popups
            to allow for purposes of downloading the appropriate MP3 files. Still,
            see Feature above.

            --
            Grizzly's Growls -- The Life and Times of a Minor Local
            Celebrity
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 3, 2007
              If you are a member of the Blubrry Podcast Community you will want to
              check out the Blubrry Player as well it pops up and plays has your show
              notes embeded in the player and if people surf away from your site like
              most do the player keeps playing. It has the ability to allow people to
              surf your old episodes as well. Has been very well received. If you want
              to see a sample of how it works you can play the one on my site. Its
              branded for the tech podcast network but it works the same way as the
              blubrry player which will do video as well.

              http://www.geeknewscentral.com/podcasts/

              Click the button that says Play with TPN Player

              Todd..

              David Smith wrote:

              > It was 30 Nov 2007, when Brains Matter commented:
              >
              > > And for another one in the mix, I use a free player from Big Contact
              > >
              > > <http://v2.bigcontact.com/ <http://v2.bigcontact.com/>>
              > >
              > > on my page. You just point it at your RSS feed, and listeners can
              > > choose whichever episode they want to play through the flash player. Has
              > > forward, rewind, etc. and there are different player sizes to choose
              > from.
              > >
              > > OG
              >
              > And another. Libsyn has a cooperative agreement with Kiptronic.
              > Kiptronic provides a free MP3 player that looks at the provided feed and
              > will play any MP3 file on the feed. Works adequately from my experience
              > so far. Also generates stats available to potential advertisers -- for
              > good or ill.
              >
              > I've also looked at a player provided for one of the providers of
              > <http://owenpoteat.com <http://owenpoteat.com>>. I've been using some
              > of Owen's music on my
              > podcast, btw.
              >
              > The player is provided by a hosting provider for independent recording
              > artists. I forget the company name/website; couldn't find it on a little
              > poking around. Feature: it starts trying to play when you open the page.
              > Vulnerability/Flaw: it starts trying to play when you open the page.
              >
              > It's a script, so I had to open NoScript for that source, and allow
              > popups
              > to allow for purposes of downloading the appropriate MP3 files. Still,
              > see Feature above.
              >
              > --
              > Grizzly's Growls -- The Life and Times of a Minor Local
              > Celebrity
              > Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>>
              > Listen or Subscribe:
              > <http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls
              > <http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>>

            • P. Dilly
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 3, 2007
                Don't forget the free podcast pickle player. There are several styles to
                choose from and you can design your own color combinations
                http://www.podcastpickle.com/app/player/

                Gary Leland

                www.PodcastPickle.com
                www.PickleReviews.com
                www.PickleMobile.com
                www.PodcasterTree.com
                www.PodcastJunk.com
                www.PodcastInspector.com
                www.DillDomains.com
                www.iLoveTalkingBooks.com
                www.MySalesAccount.com

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 3, 2007
                  Todd, you need to look in the context of the email. The BluBrry player (from
                  what I have seen) doesn't work for individual MP3 files not in an RSS feed.

                  David Smith wrote:

                  > It was 30 Nov 2007, when Brains Matter commented:
                  >
                  > > And for another one in the mix, I use a free player from Big Contact
                  > >
                  > > <http://v2.bigcontact.com/ <http://v2.bigcontact.com/>>
                  > >
                  > > on my page. You just point it at your RSS feed, and listeners can
                  > > choose whichever episode they want to play through the flash player.
                  > > Has forward, rewind, etc. and there are different player sizes to
                  > > choose
                  > from.
                  > >
                  > > OG
                  >
                  > And another. Libsyn has a cooperative agreement with Kiptronic.
                  > Kiptronic provides a free MP3 player that looks at the provided feed
                  > and will play any MP3 file on the feed. Works adequately from my
                  > experience so far. Also generates stats available to potential
                  > advertisers -- for good or ill.
                  >
                  > I've also looked at a player provided for one of the providers of
                  > <http://owenpoteat.com <http://owenpoteat.com>>. I've been using some
                  > of Owen's music on my podcast, btw.
                  >
                  > The player is provided by a hosting provider for independent recording
                  > artists. I forget the company name/website; couldn't find it on a
                  > little poking around. Feature: it starts trying to play when you open the
                  page.
                  > Vulnerability/Flaw: it starts trying to play when you open the page.
                  >
                  > It's a script, so I had to open NoScript for that source, and allow
                  > popups to allow for purposes of downloading the appropriate MP3 files.
                  > Still, see Feature above.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Grizzly's Growls -- The Life and Times of a Minor Local Celebrity
                  > Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>>
                  > Listen or Subscribe:
                  > <http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls
                  > <http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>>

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Todd Cochrane
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 3, 2007
                    This is true and apologize if that is what someone is looking for. We
                    have the ability to do a single episode but again it has to be tied to a
                    RSS feed. The player I used to use was the Wimpy player it has a lot of
                    configuration power. I had it on my site for about a 2 years. No RSS
                    required.

                    Todd..

                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 3, 2007
                      Valid point, but I haven't seen too many weblink players that don't depend
                      on an RSS feed to tell them what they can play.

                      It was 3 Dec 2007, when Mike commented:

                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 4, 2007
                        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <koldark@...> wrote:

                        > Todd, you need to look in the context of the email. The BluBrry
                        player (from
                        > what I have seen) doesn't work for individual MP3 files not in an
                        RSS feed.
                        ----=
                        Yup.

                        Basically, the thing I was posting about:
                        http://www.premiumbeat.com
                        was something I'd wanted, looked for, and couldn't fine until now: an
                        easy-to-configure freestanding player for offering a sample of what a
                        site offers, not the current episodes. (Delivering current episodes is
                        what the RSS feed is for, in my opinion).

                        I just wanted something to offer an MP3 file easily without the end
                        user having to save the file or play in the browser, so people can
                        quickly grok "Do I want to subscribe or not?".

                        And I wanted it to not rely on branding from or links to
                        third-parties, and not be dependent on an RSS feed. The Premium Beat
                        one worked well for me for that. I've put it on several of my sites.
                        (And in paid mode, which is cheap, it has no branding or links.)

                        On the SAC podcast I made a seven-minute demo of snippets of different
                        episodes as a "welcome to our world" sampler. People seem to like it.
                        I've gotten a lot of hits on it, more than usual new subscriptions,
                        and a few e-mails from users about it.

                        The other players different people have mentioned here all have their
                        uses and advantages, but these weren't the use I was looking for.

                        Thank you,
                        MWD
                      • Michael W. Dean
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 4, 2007
                          oops. Here's the correct link for the player:
                          http://www.premiumbeat.com/flash_resources/free_flash_music_player/

                          MWD