My voiceover resume site

  • Michael W. Dean
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 27, 2007
      http://www.michaeldeanvoice.com

      Not really posting to hustle work from here, but just wanted to show
      an example of what I think a great "resume" page is. Doesn't have a
      lot of crap, says what it is, gets to the point, and delivers what it
      says.

      Will add a short real to it later, not really public with it yet, just
      made some working links to existing work, but I really like it.

      MWD
    • Andy Bilodeau
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 27, 2007
        On Nov 27, 2007, at 4:40 PM, Michael W. Dean wrote:

        > http://www.michaeldeanvoice.com
        >
        > Not really posting to hustle work from here, but just wanted to show
        > an example of what I think a great "resume" page is. Doesn't have a
        > lot of crap, says what it is, gets to the point, and delivers what it
        > says.
        >
        > Will add a short real to it later, not really public with it yet, just
        > made some working links to existing work, but I really like it.
        >
        > MWD

        Michael,

        One thought that came to mind ...what about adding a flash player
        especially for the stand alone MP3 file and embedding the YouTube video?

        It would gives the visitor a chance to listen to the audio without
        having to navigate off of the page.

        I'm trying to make something like this for myself too....so these
        thoughts are forefront in my mind.

        Thanks for sharing.

        -
        Andy Bilodeau

        The AndyCast PodCast
        You'll laugh 'til you stop!
        http://www.andycast.net

        Blog: http://andy.andycast.net
        Skype : andybilodeau
        Twitter : http://twitter.com/andycaster
        Utterz : http://www.utterz.com/~h-AndyCaster/list.php
      • Steven R. Boyett
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 27, 2007
          And make your picture a lot smaller. And include a CV. And lose the white
          text on black with bright-red link text and huge lettering. And mention it
          if you're SAG/AFTRA.

          --steve boyett

          _____

          On Nov 27, 2007, at 4:40 PM, Michael W. Dean wrote:

          > http://www.michaeld <http://www.michaeldeanvoice.com> eanvoice.com
          >
          > Not really posting to hustle work from here, but just wanted to show
          > an example of what I think a great "resume" page is. Doesn't have a
          > lot of crap, says what it is, gets to the point, and delivers what it
          > says.
          >
          > Will add a short real to it later, not really public with it yet, just
          > made some working links to existing work, but I really like it.
          >
          > MWD

          Michael,

          One thought that came to mind ...what about adding a flash player
          especially for the stand alone MP3 file and embedding the YouTube video?

          It would gives the visitor a chance to listen to the audio without
          having to navigate off of the page.

          I'm trying to make something like this for myself too....so these
          thoughts are forefront in my mind.

          Thanks for sharing.

          -
          Andy Bilodeau

          The AndyCast PodCast
          You'll laugh 'til you stop!
          http://www.andycast <http://www.andycast.net> .net

          Blog: http://andy. <http://andy.andycast.net> andycast.net
          Skype : andybilodeau
          Twitter : http://twitter. <http://twitter.com/andycaster> com/andycaster
          Utterz : http://www.utterz. <http://www.utterz.com/~h-AndyCaster/list.php>
          com/~h-AndyCaster/list.php

        • Michael W. Dean
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 27, 2007
            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Andy Bilodeau <andycast@...> wrote:

            > Michael,
            >
            > One thought that came to mind ...what about adding a flash player
            > especially for the stand alone MP3 file and embedding the YouTube video?

            ----
            Cool. I embedded the video. Thank you.

            Can you explain how to do the audio flash player thing? I still
            haven't found a way to do that outside of WordPress.

            MWD
          • Michael W. Dean
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 27, 2007
              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Steven R. Boyett" <steve@...> wrote:

              > And make your picture a lot smaller. And include a CV. And lose the
              white
              > text on black with bright-red link text and huge lettering. And
              mention it
              > if you're SAG/AFTRA.
              >
              > --steve boyett

              =====
              Thank you Steve.
              I made the picture a bit smaller, added the CV and made the text
              smaller and less bright. Thoughts?

              As for union, I am not. But I probably wouldn't win anyone by putting
              "NOT a member of SAG/AFTRA", and I'd probably get a nasty lawyer
              letter for putting "way cheaper than union, but every bit as good."

              MWD
            • Steven R. Boyett
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 27, 2007
                Oh, no, I only meant it would be good to add it it you were. :)

                _____

                =====

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 27, 2007
                  The pic is still kind of the centerpiece of the page, which, for a voiceover
                  page, is somewhat antithetical. It's all about the CV. I think the Flash
                  player was a great idea. Have you looked at some of the voiceover talent
                  pages on the net?

                  _____

                  =====

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 28, 2007
                    --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Steven R. Boyett" <steve@...> wrote:

                    > The pic is still kind of the centerpiece of the page, which, for a
                    voiceover
                    > page, is somewhat antithetical.

                    Ahhh....I tried it smaller but can't let myself not feature myself
                    less than that.

                    I implemented all the other suggestions from you and Andy, if anyone
                    wants to take a look and offer fine-tuning advice:
                    http://www.michaeldeanvoice.com/

                    Love the Flash player, going to put on all my voice and probably music
                    sites. I may spring for the premium without the link to the company on
                    it.

                    Thanks!

                    MWD