stats for monetization - best options?

  • Charles Hodgson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2007
      I'd appreciate any guidance on the following.

      After my current agony of trying to relocate my WordPress installation
      from Network Solutions to bluehost my next project will be to move
      toward monetization for podictionary (the podcast for word lovers).

      I have it from a reliable source that blubrry and podtrac are leaders
      in bringing-in sponsorship. I see in podPress though, that a maximum
      of two stats tracking implementations is possible. I guess then it'll
      have to be blubrry and podtrac.

      I think this means to me that I have to relinquish my use of
      Feedburner (which implies making sure all subscribers to that feed get
      pointed back to the WordPress feed). I don't want to do this too much
      not only due to the potential for loss of rss subscribers, but also
      because I have hundreds of Feedburner email subscribers who get the
      daily transcript.

      podPress says that LibSyn stats tracking counts also in the total of
      two. This I don't understand. I don't think I can disable LibSyn
      tracking, does this mean I have to stop hosting my MP3 files there?
      The reason given for a maximum of two tracking schemes is that more
      than two redirects are unacceptable. Doesn't LibSyn track from their
      servers without redirects?

      I have also always wanted to keep control of my feed URL and so even
      before I began using WordPress have always offered
      http://www.podictionary.com/rss and had this set as a temporary
      redirect (as advised by Feedburner). Does this redirect also count?
      If so then I should stop advertising it and make it a permanent
      redirect to one of the WordPress native feeds.

      Comments thankfully accepted!
      Charles
    • Todd Cochrane
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2007
        Charles you do not have to give up using FeedBurner the stats system we
        have only adds a small piece of code to the front of your media URL. I
        will caution you though the Podpress Blubrry stats selection was not
        working correctly recently. My developer has been working with the
        podpress author to get it figured out. If your using Libsyn those stats
        will still work as well.

        Todd..