Re: [podcasters] Anyone using a FireWire mixer and Mac?

  • Command Line
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2007
      On 11/14/07, Brian Ibbott <brian_jm@...> wrote:

      > Is anyone out there using a FireWire-based mixer and a Mac?
      > Recommendations? Issues? Does it show up as a separate listing in your
      > Sound Input System Preference?

      I am using an Alesis MultiMix 8 FireWire and have no such problems.

      I had a very small problem with static with one version of the driver
      from Alesis but we are talking like a second or two every few minutes
      and a change to the driver version fixed it entirely.

      I will report that the Alesis MultiMix 8 Firewire does not work under
      Leopard with the stable drivers. I have the beta drivers that purport
      to add Leopard support but have not yet tried them. I am planning to
      do so on a spare system this weekend and will report my findings on my
      site.

      cmdln
      --
      The Command Line Podcast
      2007 Parsec Award Winner for Best Tech Podcast