Re: [podcasters] Re: Microsoft podcatcher/podcast content manager (Zune?)

  • Shawn Thorpe
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2007
      On Nov 5, 2007 9:17 AM, Paul Puri <paulpuri@...> wrote:

      > On 11/5/07, Braindouche! <braindouche@...<braindouche%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > I can live with regular crashes and bug-related eccentricites, but what
      > is
      > > the point of a program that won't retrieve updating subscriptions?
      >
      > 6 months, and 4 versions later, I'd say it might be worth another look. I
      > am
      > very pleased with it. Easy to use, and able to sync it up anywhere. And it
      > takes up nowhere near the amount of memory that iTunes takes.
      >
      > :>)
      >
      > Paul Puri
      >
      > New media with an independent spirit:
      > http://puripodcastproductions.com
      >
      > My gear recommendations:
      > http://podsafegear.com
      >
      > Got some thing to say? Just be a Twitter.
      > http://twitter.com/paulpuri
      >
      > The Official Podcasters Wiki: http://podcasterswiki.com
      >
      > Promotion without shame.
      > Podcasting Announcements

      > . __,_._

      My iPod died a few months back, and I'm now using the mp3 player on my cell
      phone in its place. The phone (obviously) came with no "built-in" software
      podcatcher. I tried myPodder, and wasn't really happy with it. I tried
      running it from my Mac Mini as well as my Dell machine. I tried running it
      from the desktop and I also tried running it from the phone, over USB. It
      never seemed to work right. I specifically recall one occasion where the
      software had indicated it had updated all of my subscriptions, and when I
      went to listen back to the podcasts it had downloaded, all of the files were
      only partially complete. Also, it took myPodder over an hour to aggregate
      those partially downloaded files. That's way too long. I don't know if
      maybe I'm subscribed to too many 'casts for myPodder to handle, or if it was
      a fluke thing. But, I wouldn't use the software again.

      --
      -Shawn "Shawno Gordo" Thorpe
      Hyper Nonsense - Talk/comedy podcast from central California

      Shawnogram - Content = life.
      http://www.shawnogram.com/

      Phantom Power Media - Bloggy, podcasty
      http://www.phantompower.org/