Re: [podcasters] NBC Universal Executive Accuses Apple Of DESTROYING The Music Industry

  • Paul Puri
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
      On 11/3/07, Steve Riekeberg <missingintellect@...> wrote:

      > More like Apple /saved/ the music industry. They're just sour grapes
      > that in saving, they got cut out of the loop. You can only get away with
      > screwing the artists and the consumers for so long, get over it you
      > greedy bastards, you're time is up.

      Zucker sounds like his pulse is in the same place his head is. It should be
      in the new distribution options available out there. They opened their new
      site Hulu.com, so that people could watch the shows for free, instead of
      them making 15 million from actual sales per year.

      While I do agree that Jobs made a mistake by not allowing them to experiment
      with higher pricing, I think it is overall a bad idea to play too much with
      something that was going so well.

      As far as podcasting goes, I doubt we had a hand in this, but we can reap
      the benefits by iTunes getting more exposure, and hopefully people will
      discover more podcasts by visiting it.

      Paul Puri

      New media with an independent spirit:
      http://puripodcastproductions.com

      My gear recommendations:
      http://podsafegear.com

      Got some thing to say? Just be a Twitter.
      http://twitter.com/paulpuri

      Promotion without shame.
      Podcasting Announcements