RE: [podcasters] Zune Podcast Submissions and Directory Update

  • Rob Greenlee-WebTalkGuys
    Message 1 of 63 , Nov 3, 2007
      Steve, Zune is also involved in a Hard Rock after hours party.

      Rob Greenlee

      _____

      From: podcasters@yahoogro <mailto:podcasters%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com
      From: podcasters@yahoogro <mailto:podcasters%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com
      Thank you so much Rob! You rock my face off!

      I'm a Mac user and while I have a PC at work, I don't have administrator
      privileges to add the software. Therefore:

      Coffee and Tea Show = http://coffeeandtea
      <http://coffeeandtea <http://coffeeandtea
      <http://coffeeandtea <http://coffeeandtea
      <http://coffeeandteashow.libsyn.com/rss> show.libsyn.com/rss>

      Rocky Horror Pod Show = http://rockyhorrorp
      <http://rockyhorrorp <http://rockyhorrorp
      <http://rockyhorrorp <http://rockyhorrorp
      <http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com/rss> odshow.libsyn.com/rss>

      On 11/3/07, Rob Greenlee-WebTalkGuys <robg@webtalkguys.
      <mailto:robg%40webtalkguys.com> com> wrote:

      > We will be launching our <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune.
      <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune.net/>
      net/> net/> net/> net/>
      net/>
      Zune Marketplace Podcast
      > Directory with approximately 1,000 podcast feeds shortly. The reason we
      > are
      > doing this is to seed the catalog with a base level of podcasts that Zune
      > users and podcasters can build on over the next few months. Being a
      > long-time podcaster, I understand that most content providers want to know
      > about where their podcasts are being distributed and thus would want to
      > actually submit his or her feed to us. It has been exciting over the past
      > few weeks to have so many podcasters contact me and request inclusion in
      > the
      > new Marketplace podcast area - the catalog will have the first 1000 or so
      > from us, but the rest will come from the podcasting community.
      >
      > Windows OS users please plan on downloading the new
      > <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune.
      <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune.net/en-US/meetzune/>
      net/en-US/meetzune/> net/en-US/meetzune/>
      net/en-US/meetzune/>
      net/en-US/meetzune/>
      net/en-US/meetzune/> Zune Marketplace software on
      > November
      > 13th, then visit the main podcast section in the software to "Suggest a
      > Podcast" for inclusion in the public Podcast Marketplace. It is in my plan
      > to have a feed submission form on the Zune.net website very soon for Mac
      > only users, but it will not be there for our Nov 13th launch. If you
      > cannot
      > get a friend with a PC to submit it for you, then feel free to reply to
      > this
      > list with your feed URL and I will see that it is added. Thanks for your
      > patience on this.
      >
      > We also have a cool "Personal Podcast Feed Submission" feature in your
      > podcast subscription collection area that is accessible after login inside
      > of the new Zune Marketplace. This personal feed submission feature will
      > enable advanced podcast users to add a personal list of podcast feeds to
      > their own subscription "Collection" area. Each of those personal feeds
      > submitted to your collection will not be seen by me or my team for general
      > marketplace inclusion. This will be your personal and private collection
      > of
      > podcasts that some may or may not be in the general marketplace podcast
      > library.
      >
      > Thanks so much for all the on-going support as we ready for launch.
      >
      > Rob Greenlee
      > Zune Podcast Programming Manager
      > <http://www.zuneinsi <http://www.zuneinsi <http://www.zuneinsi
      <http://www.zuneinsi <http://www.zuneinsi <http://www.zuneinsider.com>
      der.com> der.com> der.com>
      der.com> der.com>
      http://www.zuneinsi <http://www.zuneinsi <http://www.zuneinsi
      <http://www.zuneinsi <http://www.zuneinsi <http://www.zuneinsider.com>
      der.com> der.com> der.com>
      der.com> der.com
      > <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune.
      <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune.net> net> net> net>
      net> net>
      http://www.zune.
      <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune. <http://www.zune.
      <http://www.zune.net> net>
      net> net> net> net

      Laura Ross

      The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
      http://coffeeandtea <http://coffeeandtea <http://coffeeandtea
      <http://coffeeandtea <http://coffeeandtea <http://coffeeandteashow.com>
      show.com> show.com> show.com>
      show.com> show.com
      Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
      coffeeandteashow@ <mailto:coffeeandteashow%40gmail.com> gmail.com

      Rocky Horror Pod Show
      http://rockyhorrorp <http://rockyhorrorp
      <http://rockyhorrorp <http://rockyhorrorp
      <http://rockyhorrorp <http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com>
      odshow.libsyn.com> odshow.libsyn.com>
      odshow.libsyn.com> odshow.libsyn.com> odshow.libsyn.com
      Listener hotline: 206-350-0972 (note NEWER new number!)
      rockypod@aim. <mailto:rockypod%40aim.com> com
      Join the Rockypod Google Group at http://groups.
      <http://groups. <http://groups. <http://groups.
      <http://groups. <http://groups.google.com/group/rockypod>
      google.com/group/rockypod> google.com/group/rockypod>
      google.com/group/rockypod>
      google.com/group/rockypod> google.com/group/rockypod

    • Geek -
      Message 63 of 63 , Nov 22, 2007
        Having finally gotten the software to install, which will in no way
        become my default podcatcher due to software requirements of continued
        use, I found ti was very easy to make an account, as I already had a
        Live ID, which clearly shows I am from Canada. I assume you meant
        places like Europe and those outside of North America, Rob. One thing,
        though. Why does the Zune software require the Windows Firewall to be
        running? Is it such a bad piece of software that it cannot notice I
        have another firewall installed? Or even work without one? This should
        not be a requirement of running the software, and this is why iTunes
        will remain my podcatcher of choice.

        On Nov 22, 2007 1:41 PM, Rob Greenlee-WebTalkGuys <robg@...> wrote:

        > The only answer is that the Zune has not been released to other countries
        > yet and thus is geo-IP locked to the US for now. As far as I know,
        > international podcasters can submit, but they will not be able to create an
        > account in the Marketplace and thus they will not be able to fully use the
        > device and software. Sorry.
        >
        > Rob Greenlee
        > Zune

        Dwight Wallbridge,