Zune Podcast Submissions and Directory Update

  • Rob Greenlee-WebTalkGuys
    Message 1 of 63 , Nov 3, 2007
      We will be launching our <http://www.zune.net/> Zune Marketplace Podcast
      Directory with approximately 1,000 podcast feeds shortly. The reason we are
      doing this is to seed the catalog with a base level of podcasts that Zune
      users and podcasters can build on over the next few months. Being a
      long-time podcaster, I understand that most content providers want to know
      about where their podcasts are being distributed and thus would want to
      actually submit his or her feed to us. It has been exciting over the past
      few weeks to have so many podcasters contact me and request inclusion in the
      new Marketplace podcast area - the catalog will have the first 1000 or so
      from us, but the rest will come from the podcasting community.

      Windows OS users please plan on downloading the new
      <http://www.zune.net/en-US/meetzune/> Zune Marketplace software on November
      13th, then visit the main podcast section in the software to "Suggest a
      Podcast" for inclusion in the public Podcast Marketplace. It is in my plan
      to have a feed submission form on the Zune.net website very soon for Mac
      only users, but it will not be there for our Nov 13th launch. If you cannot
      get a friend with a PC to submit it for you, then feel free to reply to this
      list with your feed URL and I will see that it is added. Thanks for your
      patience on this.

      We also have a cool "Personal Podcast Feed Submission" feature in your
      podcast subscription collection area that is accessible after login inside
      of the new Zune Marketplace. This personal feed submission feature will
      enable advanced podcast users to add a personal list of podcast feeds to
      their own subscription "Collection" area. Each of those personal feeds
      submitted to your collection will not be seen by me or my team for general
      marketplace inclusion. This will be your personal and private collection of
      podcasts that some may or may not be in the general marketplace podcast
      library.

      Thanks so much for all the on-going support as we ready for launch.

      Rob Greenlee
      Zune Podcast Programming Manager
      <http://www.zuneinsider.com> http://www.zuneinsider.com
      <http://www.zune.net> http://www.zune.net

    • Geek -
      Message 63 of 63 , Nov 22, 2007
        Having finally gotten the software to install, which will in no way
        become my default podcatcher due to software requirements of continued
        use, I found ti was very easy to make an account, as I already had a
        Live ID, which clearly shows I am from Canada. I assume you meant
        places like Europe and those outside of North America, Rob. One thing,
        though. Why does the Zune software require the Windows Firewall to be
        running? Is it such a bad piece of software that it cannot notice I
        have another firewall installed? Or even work without one? This should
        not be a requirement of running the software, and this is why iTunes
        will remain my podcatcher of choice.

        On Nov 22, 2007 1:41 PM, Rob Greenlee-WebTalkGuys <robg@...> wrote:

        > The only answer is that the Zune has not been released to other countries
        > yet and thus is geo-IP locked to the US for now. As far as I know,
        > international podcasters can submit, but they will not be able to create an
        > account in the Marketplace and thus they will not be able to fully use the
        > device and software. Sorry.
        >
        > Rob Greenlee
        > Zune

        Dwight Wallbridge,