Re: [podcasters] XML feed creation tool

  • Will Brown
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2007
      > On 11/2/07, weisslerjody <weisslerjody@...> wrote:
      >
      > Other than hand coding...what are the current tools that you are all
      > using to create your own xml..

      I don't create my own xml (I use wordpress/podpress), but I have heard
      good things about Feed For All, http://www.feedforall.com/ . It'll
      cost you $39.95 though.

      There is a free tool called ListGarden, that a friend of mine from
      church uses to create the RSS for our church. It is a basic feed
      generator with some podcast support. However, it hasn't been updated
      since 2005, so it doesn't have the iTunes tags. We use Feedburner to
      handle the iTunes information. Alternatively you could just add the
      tags into the finished file manually.

      http://www.softwaregarden.com/products/listgarden/version1.3.html

      Will

      --
      ======================
      http://www.WillBrownOnline.com/ - All Things Me
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2007
        There's a somewhat older but still useful piece of software I've used
        for a couple of years called NewzAlert which generates the RSS file
        pretty easily.

        Tim 'Gonzo' Gordon

        www.timgonzogordon.com

        www.communicationsteroids.com

        _____

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
          If you're looking for a no-cost feed generator, you
          can always use this online tool:
          http://www.podcastblaster.com/podcast-feed/

          I didn't like the way the the tool listed the newest
          episodes last, so I ended up changing the code by
          hand, and now I just update manually, but it did get
          me started.

          Cheers,
          Kevin
          …………………………………………………………

          Well Told Tales
          pulp-fiction podcast

          http://WellToldTales.com

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Dmitry Baranov
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 5, 2007
            Hello,

            Feed Editor:
            http://www.extralabs.net/feed-editor.htm
            November offer: 20% discount

            --
            Dmitry Baranov
          • Richard Amirault
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 5, 2007
              From: "Dmitry Baranov"
              > Feed Editor:
              > http://www.extralabs.net/feed-editor.htm
              > November offer: 20% discount

              My $.02 I use Feed Editor, but I can't say how good it is compared with
              other programs because I'm new at this as well.

              Richard Amirault
              Boston, MA, USA
              http://n1jdu.org
              http://bostonfandom.org