Re: [podcasters] How important is a pop guard for a microphone?

  • Flyswatter
    Message 1 of 63 , Nov 2, 2007
      Do you wash the hose first or does the stanky feet smell set your podcasting
      heart a-flutter?

      The foam type is good for windy conditions and also helps keep your mic dry,
      especially if you drool a lot.

      Other than that, if you practice really good mic technique and never pop
      your p's, you can get away with not using a pop filter. I've had some mics
      that were more sensitive to pops than others.

      On 11/2/07, Nobilis <authornobilis@...> wrote:

      > On 11/2/07, Martin Brossman <martin@...<martin%40coachingsupport.com>>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > How important is a pop guard for a microphone?
      >
      > Very important. Popped P's sound lousy.
      >
      > > What about a Pop Filter with Goose Neck?
      >
      > Gotta have something.
      >
      > > What about Foam Ball-Type Microphone Windscreens?
      >
      > Those do a different job.
      >
      > > The Ball-Type is much cheaper, less clumsy etc.. do they provide value?
      >
      > The ball type is cheaper than an old pair of hose and a wire coat hanger?
      >
      > I made the pop filters for my microphones for free.
      >
      > --
      > Weekly erotica served up on your ipod or mp3 player -- subscribe to
      > Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com
      > -----
      > Five out of five review for "Centaur" -- http://tinyurl.com/2r25e4

      Laura Ross

      The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
      http://coffeeandteashow.com
      Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
      coffeeandteashow@...

      Rocky Horror Pod Show
      http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
      Listener hotline: 206-350-0972 (note NEWER new number!)
      rockypod@...
      Join the Rockypod Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/rockypod

    • Geek -
      Message 63 of 63 , Nov 22, 2007
        Having finally gotten the software to install, which will in no way
        become my default podcatcher due to software requirements of continued
        use, I found ti was very easy to make an account, as I already had a
        Live ID, which clearly shows I am from Canada. I assume you meant
        places like Europe and those outside of North America, Rob. One thing,
        though. Why does the Zune software require the Windows Firewall to be
        running? Is it such a bad piece of software that it cannot notice I
        have another firewall installed? Or even work without one? This should
        not be a requirement of running the software, and this is why iTunes
        will remain my podcatcher of choice.

        On Nov 22, 2007 1:41 PM, Rob Greenlee-WebTalkGuys <robg@...> wrote:

        > The only answer is that the Zune has not been released to other countries
        > yet and thus is geo-IP locked to the US for now. As far as I know,
        > international podcasters can submit, but they will not be able to create an
        > account in the Marketplace and thus they will not be able to fully use the
        > device and software. Sorry.
        >
        > Rob Greenlee
        > Zune

        Dwight Wallbridge,