RE: [podcasters] compressing everything at once?

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 26, 2007
      On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 22:48 -0500, David Smith wrote:

      On my show I never compress the music that we've chosen to play on the
      program. Most music now is already OVERCOMPRESSED. These kids who
      record their own material and then hear their favorite records on K-Rock
      from their favorite artists, and want their stuff to play as loudly as
      the radio, and the squeeze the snot out of their mixes. Even music from
      the major labels is over-compressed, but the difference is the tools the
      big studios have to compress music keeps the big label stuff somewhat
      listenable.

      Anyway, I only compress the talk part of my show, and leave the music
      we've chosen exactly as it was when we found it.

      Rich...
      --

      Robust progressive conversation shared over a bottle of good wine,
      tempered with humor and independent music.