Re: [podcasters] Re: Zune Podcasting Support Coming

    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 23 6:37 PM
      On 10/23/07, Richard Amirault <ramirault@...> wrote:
      > From: "Stephen Eley"
      > > Why not? A good mic-in/line-in jack was the major selling point of
      > > the iRiver 700/800 series.
      >
      > Well, I'm far from being an audio expert (that's why I said "Not sure...")
      > but what about cross talk between channels?

      That seems like a fairly minor concern, especially given that the
      interviewer and interviewee would be in the same room, so there's
      going to be some sound pickup across both mics anyway. A typical
      listener isn't going to notice or worry about it.

      It is true, if you're going if for the absolute best sound fidelity,
      you wouldn't use a consumer stereo microphone into a 1/8" stereo jack.
      You wouldn't use a cheap recorder like this either. But the
      recording quality from something like the iRiver with a decent stereo
      mic (I'm partial to the Giant Squid) is *good* -- I've used it quite a
      bit -- and certainly good enough for most field interviews.

      http://www.escapepod.org