Re: [podcasters] Re: New Media Talk Mailing list

  • Flyswatter
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 23, 2007
      Fools Gold! Hey, I resemble that remark!

      On 10/23/07, Mike <koldark@...> wrote:

      > I have been a part of a lot of mailing lists over the last 7 years.
      > There
      > are those people that are there simply for information (lurkers) and there
      > are those that advocate their ideas (meaning they are trying to help).
      > Controversy is what makes things and people grow and mature. The "leaders"
      > in podcasting each have their own idea of how things should be run. The
      > beauty is you are all probably right. I have discovered this more and more
      > as I butt heads with our web developer here at work. In the end we find
      > out
      > we are saying the same thing just with a different language base and
      > perspective. I enjoy sitting back and reading these threads because I
      > learn
      > so much.
      >
      > The thing with lists this large is that you have to build your mental
      > filters to filter out the fools gold and just plain crap from the real
      > gold.
      >
      > --
      > Mike Wills
      > http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikewills
      > Blog - http://mikewills.name
      > Podcasts - http://podcastmike.com

      Laura Ross

      The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
      http://coffeeandteashow.com
      Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
      coffeeandteashow@...

      Rocky Horror Pod Show
      http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
      Listener hotline: 206-350-0972 (note NEWER new number!)
      rockypod@...
      Join the Rockypod Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/rockypod