Re: [podcasters] Re: How many podcasts are there?

  • Flyswatter
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 4, 2007
      Wow amazing, they got even numbers? Quick, somebody create another podcast!
      I want to see it say 125,001, because I'm all perverse like that.

      On 10/4/07, Steven R. Boyett <steve@...> wrote:

      > From Google search:
      >
      > http://www.straightupsearch.com/archives/2007/09/apple_announces.html
      >
      > --steve boyett
      >
      > _____

      Laura Ross

      The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
      http://coffeeandteashow.com
      Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
      coffeeandteashow@...

      Rocky Horror Pod Show
      http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
      Listener hotline: 206-350-0972 (note NEWER new number!)
      rockypod@...

    • Michael W. Dean
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 4, 2007
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Flyswatter <luara.mom@...> wrote:

        > Wow amazing, they got even numbers? Quick, somebody create another
        podcast!
        > I want to see it say 125,001, because I'm all perverse like that.

        ===
        Or you could say 124,999. I'm pretty sure my Deal Machine podcast has
        podfadded.

        Pervert.

        MWD
        "Clone The Homeless"
        Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
        was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
        http://www.clonethehomeless.com
      • Crash
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 5, 2007
          ok so I-tunes says 125,000, the Pickle says 9212 , the Alley says 35,385

          With numbers like these, you can't believe anything any of them say. There
          is no one "Right" Number. But then again podcasting isn't about the numbers.

          --

          Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

        • Steven R. Boyett
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 5, 2007
            So what's not to believe? That's likely what the respective directories
            list.

            --steve boyett

            _____

            --

            Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

          • P. Dilly
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 5, 2007
              By having 9212 podcast on PodcastPickle.com, we are not saying that is all
              the podcasts that exist in the world. We are saying that is all the podcasts
              on our website. Almost 40% of the podcasts that get submitted to our site do
              not get approved.for addition to PodcastPickle.com I don't know why you
              can't believe anything we say. I guarantee that the amount we say we have on
              our site, is the true amount we have on the site.

              On 10/5/07, Crash <crashespad@...> wrote:

              > ok so I-tunes says 125,000, the Pickle says 9212 , the Alley says 35,385
              >
              > With numbers like these, you can't believe anything any of them say. There
              > is no one "Right" Number. But then again podcasting isn't about the
              > numbers.
              >
              > On 10/5/07, Michael W. Dean <kittyfeet70@...<kittyfeet70%40yahoo.com>>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <podcasters%40yahoogroups.com><podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > > Flyswatter <luara.mom@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Wow amazing, they got even numbers? Quick, somebody create another
              > > podcast!
              > > > I want to see it say 125,001, because I'm all perverse like that.
              > > >
              > > ===
              > > Or you could say 124,999. I'm pretty sure my Deal Machine podcast has
              > > podfadded.
              > >
              > > Pervert.
              > >
              > > MWD
              > > "Clone The Homeless"
              > > Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
              > > was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
              > > http://www.clonethehomeless.com
              > >

              > --
              >
              > Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

              Gary Leland

              www.PodcastPickle.com
              www.PickleReviews.com
              www.PickleMobile.com
              www.PodcasterTree.com
              www.PodcastJunk.com
              www.PodcastInspector.com
              www.DillDomains.com
              www.MySalesAccount.com

            • Crash
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 5, 2007
                that wasn't what it was about.

                The Original person asked "How many podcasts there are?" one person posted a
                link about "apple says" and people started taking it as fact.

                I was just pointing out that you can't just take one result and define
                everything off of it. I just picked hte one's that I use as an Example of
                how the numubers chage depending on where you look for the answer. I Figured
                most folks would get the concept without a full on explination.

                Since if you look thru I-Tunes they don't clean anything out, there are
                shows listed in it that have nothing on the feed and many that are long
                since gone.

                On 10/5/07, P. Dilly <podcastpickle@...> wrote:

                > By having 9212 podcast on PodcastPickle.com, we are not saying that is
                > all
                > the podcasts that exist in the world. We are saying that is all the
                > podcasts
                > on our website. Almost 40% of the podcasts that get submitted to our site
                > do
                > not get approved.for addition to PodcastPickle.com I don't know why you
                > can't believe anything we say. I guarantee that the amount we say we have
                > on
                > our site, is the true amount we have on the site.
                >
                > On 10/5/07, Crash <crashespad@... <crashespad%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                > >
                > > ok so I-tunes says 125,000, the Pickle says 9212 , the Alley says 35,385
                > >
                > > With numbers like these, you can't believe anything any of them say.
                > There
                > > is no one "Right" Number. But then again podcasting isn't about the
                > > numbers.
                > >
                > > On 10/5/07, Michael W. Dean <kittyfeet70@...<kittyfeet70%40yahoo.com>
                > <kittyfeet70%40yahoo.com>>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <podcasters%40yahoogroups.com><podcasters%40yahoogroups.com><podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>,

                > > > podcast!
                > > > >
                > > > ===
                > > > Or you could say 124,999. I'm pretty sure my Deal Machine podcast has
                > > > podfadded.
                > > >
                > > > Pervert.
                > > >
                > > > MWD
                > > > "Clone The Homeless"
                > > > Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
                > > > was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
                > > > http://www.clonethehomeless.com
                > > >

                > > --
                > >
                > > Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

                > Gary Leland
                >
                > www.PodcastPickle.com
                > www.PickleReviews.com
                > www.PickleMobile.com
                > www.PodcasterTree.com
                > www.PodcastJunk.com
                > www.PodcastInspector.com
                > www.DillDomains.com
                > www.MySalesAccount.com

                Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

              • P. Dilly
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 5, 2007
                  I was confused, but whats new. Sorry

                  On 10/5/07, Crash <crashespad@...> wrote:

                  > that wasn't what it was about.
                  >
                  > The Original person asked "How many podcasts there are?" one person posted
                  > link about "apple says" and people started taking it as fact.
                  >
                  > I was just pointing out that you can't just take one result and define
                  > everything off of it. I just picked hte one's that I use as an Example of
                  > how the numubers chage depending on where you look for the answer. I
                  > Figured
                  > most folks would get the concept without a full on explination.
                  >
                  > Since if you look thru I-Tunes they don't clean anything out, there are
                  > shows listed in it that have nothing on the feed and many that are long
                  > since gone.
                  >
                  > On 10/5/07, P. Dilly <podcastpickle@... <podcastpickle%40gmail.com>>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > By having 9212 podcast on PodcastPickle.com, we are not saying that is
                  > > all
                  > > the podcasts that exist in the world. We are saying that is all the
                  > > podcasts
                  > > on our website. Almost 40% of the podcasts that get submitted to our
                  > site
                  > > do
                  > > not get approved.for addition to PodcastPickle.com I don't know why you
                  > > can't believe anything we say. I guarantee that the amount we say we
                  > have
                  > > on
                  > > our site, is the true amount we have on the site.
                  > >
                  > > On 10/5/07, Crash <crashespad@... <crashespad%40gmail.com><crashespad%
                  > 40gmail.com>> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > ok so I-tunes says 125,000, the Pickle says 9212 , the Alley says
                  > 35,385
                  > > >
                  > > > With numbers like these, you can't believe anything any of them say.
                  > > There
                  > > > is no one "Right" Number. But then again podcasting isn't about the
                  > > > numbers.
                  > > >
                  > > > On 10/5/07, Michael W. Dean <kittyfeet70@...<kittyfeet70%40yahoo.com>
                  > <kittyfeet70%40yahoo.com>
                  > > <kittyfeet70%40yahoo.com>>

                  > has

                  > > > --
                  > > >
                  > > > Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

                  > > Gary Leland
                  > >
                  > > www.PodcastPickle.com
                  > > www.PickleReviews.com
                  > > www.PickleMobile.com
                  > > www.PodcasterTree.com
                  > > www.PodcastJunk.com
                  > > www.PodcastInspector.com
                  > > www.DillDomains.com
                  > > www.MySalesAccount.com

                  > Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

                  Gary Leland

                  www.PodcastPickle.com
                  www.PickleReviews.com
                  www.PickleMobile.com
                  www.PodcasterTree.com
                  www.PodcastJunk.com
                  www.PodcastInspector.com
                  www.DillDomains.com
                  www.MySalesAccount.com

                • Steven R. Boyett
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 5, 2007
                    No, it IS a fact that Apple reports 125,000 podcasts on iTunes. But I'll be
                    glad to simply avoid attempting to answer any such queries in the future. I
                    just thought I'd buck the tide and actually try to answer a question instead
                    of simply snipingat a poster for the sheer effrontery of asking.

                    --steve boyett

                    _____

                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 9, 2007
                      Over at podcast.com, we have 17529 podcast rss feeds in the system
                      currently.

                      This figure is constantly fluctuating (but trending upwards) as feeds
                      are added and other are removed after being found as broken or
                      old/missing.

                      As we open up the beta to podcast.com, so members can build and
                      maintain their own podcast directories, I'm sure there will be more
                      arrive, which don't get added using our podcast ping service at
                      http://ping.podcast.com, but added because people LOVE a show and want
                      to monitor it and share in their directory. ;)

                      Soon you'll all be able to build your own iTunes using your
                      podcast.com account data ;)

                      Having built the system over at podcast.com, I find it very hard to
                      believe there are over 100,000 active/alive podcast feeds.

                      ;) If there is, then maybe I could subscribe to them ALL in iTunes,
                      then export the OPML from iTunes to import into a user account at
                      podcast.com! nice! :)

                      cheers!
                      Kosso

                      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Dean" <kittyfeet70@...>