Mixer/equipment question

  • Brains Matter
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
      Does anyone have an opinion on the Lexicon Lambda?

      <http://www.lexiconpro.com/ProductIndex.aspx?ProductID=8>

      OG

      --
      Brains Matter Podcast
      Melbourne, Australia

    • Steven R. Boyett
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
        I had an Omega for a brief while and thought it was a pretty darned good
        piece of kit. It uses the same D/A converters as the Lambda and the same
        mic pre. The only disadvantage (which may not apply to you, but forced me to
        sell it) is that the headphone out shares the 1/2 out. In other words, there
        is no separate channel for headphone monitoring; what you hear on the cans
        is what's going out the left & right channels. As a DJ it meant I couldn't
        preview tracks. For most people recording, it won't matter.

        The sound quality of the mic pre & D/A converters was topntoch -- I was
        sorry to sell the unit.

        --steve boyett

        _____

        email: mail@brainsmatter. <mailto:mail%40brainsmatter.com> com