Re: [podcasters] My podcast on TV, in 80,000 unsuspecting homes around Los Angeles.

  • Shawn Thorpe
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2007
      On 9/7/07, Michael W. Dean <kittyfeet70@...> wrote:

      > OK, I broke down and actually did it. I got a cable access show. I'm
      > calling it
      > "STINK FIGHT - RADIO ON TV!"
      >
      > and I'm going to stock it with a little bit of Clone The Homeless
      > podcast audio, and a lot of original audio made just for the STINK
      > FIGHT show, and a little bit of my original music.
      >
      > The accompanying video is going to be mostly just many many many many
      > many many many many many photos of my cats, and photos of my friend's
      > cats.
      >
      > Here's a short trailer:
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GyYx2xHB7Y
      >
      > The guy from the cable studio watched my DVD and said he thinks it's
      > gonna be a hit. But then again, he sees a lot of horrible horrible
      > programming.
      >
      > Here's the info page:
      > http://www.stinkfight.com/stink-fight-tv/
      >
      > The show will be on Time-Warner cable, and will be able to be seen on
      > channel 25 in these cities: Westlake Village, Agoura Hills, Moorpark,
      > Oak Park, Camarillo, Santa Paula, Fillmore, Piru, Ojai, Simi Valley
      > and Newbury Park.
      >
      > In Thousand Oaks it will show on Charter Cable channel 8. In the
      > Morrision Ranch neighborhood of Agoura it will show on Charter Cable
      > channel 3.
      >
      > SCHEDULE:
      > The 30-minute episodes will be showing every Friday at 4 PM through
      > Dec 1st 2007. (We will try to move to a late night Friday slot after
      > that, to better serve our late-night/insomniac/stoner demographic.)
      >
      > The show airs every Friday at 4 PM. Episode 0001 will air Friday,
      > September 14, September 21, September 28 and October 5.
      >
      > Episode 0002 will air for four Fridays starting October 12.
      >
      > Michael W. Dean
      > "Clone The Homeless"
      > Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
      > was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
      > http://www.clonethehomeless.com

      And let me be the second person to shamelessly ask to be a guest on your
      show (when/if I'm ever 'round that part of the state when you're producing a
      show). I also think you should release it as a video podcast so those of us
      who aren't in the L.A. area can check it out.

      --
      -Shawn "Shawno Gordo" Thorpe
      Hyper Nonsense - Talk, comedy, music and more!

      Shawnogram - Content = life.
      http://www.shawnogram.com/

      Phantom Power Media - Bloggy, podcasty
      http://www.phantompower.org/