Re: [podcasters] It's so quiet all of a sudden...

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 5 8:30 AM
      On 9/4/07, Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast? <wtc@...> wrote:

      > Yeah, I had time to meet a few podcasters this weekend at Dragon*Con.
      > Silly staff duties kept me from spending a lot of time at the Hilton. I
      > only managed to meet Mur when I checked out of the hotel (she was in
      > front of me in line).

      And I didn't see you at all. Rargh. (Though I did enjoy much of your
      work on Dragon*Con TV. Terrific job as always.)

      Con report here, if anyone's still interested -- I will warn you that
      the text is longer than some of my podcast episodes:

      http://sfeley.livejournal.com/43960.html

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • Al Righta
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 5 3:52 PM
        Hey. For those of you who attended Dragon Con, could you give a review or just share
        with the group how podcasting was represented there?
        I've heard many podcasters talking about it and attending, I'm wondering if I should think
        about going next year.
        Jasper fromThePlanNineRockShow.
        http://plannineprint.com

        > > > I came home from Dragon*con to find Comcast had gone out and they
        > > can't come
        > > > out to fix internet and cable TV for a few days
        > > ====
        > > This doesn't help for uploading or downloading podcasts, but if you
        > > just need to check e-mail at home, and SLOWLY check these forums or
        > > something, most high-speed Internet access packages also include
        > > dial-up access. They often don't even tell you. But get the dial-up
        > > number for your area online at work and configure your dial-up modem
        > > to dial in, using your user name and password.
        > >
        > > I've even checked e-mail during a power blackout with this technique
        > > from where I live, running the laptop on batteries.
        > >
        > > MWD

        > Laura Ross
        >
        > The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
        > http://coffeeandteashow.com
        > Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
        > coffeeandteashow@...
        >
        > Rocky Horror Pod Show
        > http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
        > Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
        > rockypod@...

      • Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 5 11:40 PM
          On 9/5/07, Al Righta <alrighta@...> wrote:
          > Hey. For those of you who attended Dragon Con, could you give a review or just share
          > with the group how podcasting was represented there?
          > I've heard many podcasters talking about it and attending, I'm wondering if I should think
          > about going next year.

          I'll be doing an episode of Sonitotum this weekend; I'll talk about
          Dragon*Con. Steve Eley posted something on his blog, as did Mur
          Lafferty and several others. Look for the usual suspects..!

          But, yeah, you should go.

          --
          Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Podcaster, Author
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 6 6:47 AM
            > Hey. For those of you who attended Dragon Con, could you give a review or just share
            > with the group how podcasting was represented there?
            > I've heard many podcasters talking about it and attending, I'm wondering if I should think
            > about going next year.
            > Jasper fromThePlanNineRockShow.

            I'd highly recommend checking out this feed where many of the panels
            and live shows are posted...

            http://dragoncon.libsyn.com/rss

            Many events from the first couple of days are already on there and
            more should be added soon.

            Along with the great podcasting track the rest of Dragon*Con is a
            unique experience that I HIGHLY recommend.

            This recap from 2005 does a great job of letting you know what the
            experience can be like...

            http://www.dvdtalk.com/features/dragoncon2005/index.html

            Kevin

            --
            If you're a fan of Farscape or Firefly then you'll enjoy listening to
            the award winning podcasts...

            The ScapeCast
            http://www.scapecast.org

            The Signal