Re: [podcasters] Re: It's so quiet all of a sudden...

  • Flyswatter
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 5, 2007
      Heck, we have supah high-speed at work, so I went to work. I work at a photo
      lab and we have to be able to move a lot of content quickly, so it's all
      good baby!

      By the way, the cable guy said we were hit by lightning and a big tree
      branch, and they now want to bury our cable. This is the third time we've
      lost connection this year.

      Laura

      On 9/4/07, Michael W. Dean <kittyfeet70@...> wrote:

      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > Flyswatter <luara.mom@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I came home from Dragon*con to find Comcast had gone out and they
      > can't come
      > > out to fix internet and cable TV for a few days
      > ====
      > This doesn't help for uploading or downloading podcasts, but if you
      > just need to check e-mail at home, and SLOWLY check these forums or
      > something, most high-speed Internet access packages also include
      > dial-up access. They often don't even tell you. But get the dial-up
      > number for your area online at work and configure your dial-up modem
      > to dial in, using your user name and password.
      >
      > I've even checked e-mail during a power blackout with this technique
      > from where I live, running the laptop on batteries.
      >
      > MWD

      Laura Ross

      The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
      http://coffeeandteashow.com
      Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
      coffeeandteashow@...

      Rocky Horror Pod Show
      http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
      Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
      rockypod@...

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 5, 2007
        On 9/4/07, Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast? <wtc@...> wrote:

        > Yeah, I had time to meet a few podcasters this weekend at Dragon*Con.
        > Silly staff duties kept me from spending a lot of time at the Hilton. I
        > only managed to meet Mur when I checked out of the hotel (she was in
        > front of me in line).

        And I didn't see you at all. Rargh. (Though I did enjoy much of your
        work on Dragon*Con TV. Terrific job as always.)

        Con report here, if anyone's still interested -- I will warn you that
        the text is longer than some of my podcast episodes:

        http://sfeley.livejournal.com/43960.html

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • Al Righta
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 5, 2007
          Hey. For those of you who attended Dragon Con, could you give a review or just share
          with the group how podcasting was represented there?
          I've heard many podcasters talking about it and attending, I'm wondering if I should think
          about going next year.
          Jasper fromThePlanNineRockShow.
          http://plannineprint.com

          > > > I came home from Dragon*con to find Comcast had gone out and they
          > > can't come
          > > > out to fix internet and cable TV for a few days
          > > ====
          > > This doesn't help for uploading or downloading podcasts, but if you
          > > just need to check e-mail at home, and SLOWLY check these forums or
          > > something, most high-speed Internet access packages also include
          > > dial-up access. They often don't even tell you. But get the dial-up
          > > number for your area online at work and configure your dial-up modem
          > > to dial in, using your user name and password.
          > >
          > > I've even checked e-mail during a power blackout with this technique
          > > from where I live, running the laptop on batteries.
          > >
          > > MWD

          > Laura Ross
          >
          > The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
          > http://coffeeandteashow.com
          > Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
          > coffeeandteashow@...
          >
          > Rocky Horror Pod Show
          > http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
          > Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
          > rockypod@...

        • Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 5, 2007
            On 9/5/07, Al Righta <alrighta@...> wrote:
            > Hey. For those of you who attended Dragon Con, could you give a review or just share
            > with the group how podcasting was represented there?
            > I've heard many podcasters talking about it and attending, I'm wondering if I should think
            > about going next year.

            I'll be doing an episode of Sonitotum this weekend; I'll talk about
            Dragon*Con. Steve Eley posted something on his blog, as did Mur
            Lafferty and several others. Look for the usual suspects..!

            But, yeah, you should go.

            --
            Matthew Wayne Selznick
            Podcaster, Author
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 6, 2007
              > Hey. For those of you who attended Dragon Con, could you give a review or just share
              > with the group how podcasting was represented there?
              > I've heard many podcasters talking about it and attending, I'm wondering if I should think
              > about going next year.
              > Jasper fromThePlanNineRockShow.

              I'd highly recommend checking out this feed where many of the panels
              and live shows are posted...

              http://dragoncon.libsyn.com/rss

              Many events from the first couple of days are already on there and
              more should be added soon.

              Along with the great podcasting track the rest of Dragon*Con is a
              unique experience that I HIGHLY recommend.

              This recap from 2005 does a great job of letting you know what the
              experience can be like...

              http://www.dvdtalk.com/features/dragoncon2005/index.html

              Kevin

              --
              If you're a fan of Farscape or Firefly then you'll enjoy listening to
              the award winning podcasts...

              The ScapeCast
              http://www.scapecast.org

              The Signal