Re: [podcasters] It's so quiet all of a sudden...

  • Jason Thomas
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
      What is Quetchup???

      The Half Show with Me-saj & Jason
      YOUR INTERNET ENTERTAINMENT SOURCE FOR NEW TALENT

      SUBSCRIBE HERE :
      CALL THE COMMENT LINE: 206-600-HALF (4253)
      http//:www.thehalfshow.com

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
        I came home from Dragon*con to find Comcast had gone out and they can't come
        out to fix internet and cable TV for a few days (I'm posting from work).
        Yep, I'm distressed.

        --
        Laura Ross

        The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
        http://coffeeandteashow.com
        Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
        coffeeandteashow@...

        Rocky Horror Pod Show
        http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
        Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
        rockypod@...

      • Michael W. Dean
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Flyswatter <luara.mom@...> wrote:

          > I came home from Dragon*con to find Comcast had gone out and they
          can't come
          > out to fix internet and cable TV for a few days
          ====
          This doesn't help for uploading or downloading podcasts, but if you
          just need to check e-mail at home, and SLOWLY check these forums or
          something, most high-speed Internet access packages also include
          dial-up access. They often don't even tell you. But get the dial-up
          number for your area online at work and configure your dial-up modem
          to dial in, using your user name and password.

          I've even checked e-mail during a power blackout with this technique
          from where I live, running the laptop on batteries.

          MWD
        • Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
            Stephen Eley wrote:
            > Or because so many people were at Dragon*Con and other events over the weekend.
            >
            > (Great time, BTW. I always love seeing everyone at these things.)

            Yeah, I had time to meet a few podcasters this weekend at Dragon*Con.
            Silly staff duties kept me from spending a lot of time at the Hilton. I
            only managed to meet Mur when I checked out of the hotel (she was in
            front of me in line).

            Pardon me while I nap & take some extra vitamins ... br
            --
            Brian Richardson
            - http://siliconchef.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 5, 2007
              Heck, we have supah high-speed at work, so I went to work. I work at a photo
              lab and we have to be able to move a lot of content quickly, so it's all
              good baby!

              By the way, the cable guy said we were hit by lightning and a big tree
              branch, and they now want to bury our cable. This is the third time we've
              lost connection this year.

              Laura

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 5, 2007
                On 9/4/07, Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast? <wtc@...> wrote:

                > Yeah, I had time to meet a few podcasters this weekend at Dragon*Con.
                > Silly staff duties kept me from spending a lot of time at the Hilton. I
                > only managed to meet Mur when I checked out of the hotel (she was in
                > front of me in line).

                And I didn't see you at all. Rargh. (Though I did enjoy much of your
                work on Dragon*Con TV. Terrific job as always.)

                Con report here, if anyone's still interested -- I will warn you that
                the text is longer than some of my podcast episodes:

                http://sfeley.livejournal.com/43960.html

                http://www.escapepod.org
              • Al Righta
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 5, 2007
                  Hey. For those of you who attended Dragon Con, could you give a review or just share
                  with the group how podcasting was represented there?
                  I've heard many podcasters talking about it and attending, I'm wondering if I should think
                  about going next year.
                  Jasper fromThePlanNineRockShow.
                  http://plannineprint.com

                  > > > I came home from Dragon*con to find Comcast had gone out and they
                  > > can't come
                  > > > out to fix internet and cable TV for a few days
                  > > ====
                  > > This doesn't help for uploading or downloading podcasts, but if you
                  > > just need to check e-mail at home, and SLOWLY check these forums or
                  > > something, most high-speed Internet access packages also include
                  > > dial-up access. They often don't even tell you. But get the dial-up
                  > > number for your area online at work and configure your dial-up modem
                  > > to dial in, using your user name and password.
                  > >
                  > > I've even checked e-mail during a power blackout with this technique
                  > > from where I live, running the laptop on batteries.
                  > >
                  > > MWD

                  > Laura Ross
                  >
                  > The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
                  > http://coffeeandteashow.com
                  > Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
                  > coffeeandteashow@...
                  >
                  > Rocky Horror Pod Show
                  > http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
                  > Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
                  > rockypod@...

                • Matthew Wayne Selznick
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 5, 2007
                    On 9/5/07, Al Righta <alrighta@...> wrote:
                    > Hey. For those of you who attended Dragon Con, could you give a review or just share
                    > with the group how podcasting was represented there?
                    > I've heard many podcasters talking about it and attending, I'm wondering if I should think
                    > about going next year.

                    I'll be doing an episode of Sonitotum this weekend; I'll talk about
                    Dragon*Con. Steve Eley posted something on his blog, as did Mur
                    Lafferty and several others. Look for the usual suspects..!

                    But, yeah, you should go.

                    --
                    Matthew Wayne Selznick
                    Podcaster, Author
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 6, 2007
                      > Hey. For those of you who attended Dragon Con, could you give a review or just share
                      > with the group how podcasting was represented there?
                      > I've heard many podcasters talking about it and attending, I'm wondering if I should think
                      > about going next year.
                      > Jasper fromThePlanNineRockShow.

                      I'd highly recommend checking out this feed where many of the panels
                      and live shows are posted...

                      http://dragoncon.libsyn.com/rss

                      Many events from the first couple of days are already on there and
                      more should be added soon.

                      Along with the great podcasting track the rest of Dragon*Con is a
                      unique experience that I HIGHLY recommend.

                      This recap from 2005 does a great job of letting you know what the
                      experience can be like...

                      http://www.dvdtalk.com/features/dragoncon2005/index.html

                      Kevin

                      --
                      If you're a fan of Farscape or Firefly then you'll enjoy listening to
                      the award winning podcasts...

                      The ScapeCast
                      http://www.scapecast.org

                      The Signal