It's so quiet all of a sudden...

  • Lans Hobart
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
      I assume this is because of the Quetchup fiasco, yes?
    • Jack Hosley
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
        Dragon Con Hang over...

        --
        WNDRWolf
        Program Manager

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
          On 9/4/07, Lans Hobart <wlhobart@...> wrote:
          > I assume this is because of the Quetchup fiasco, yes?

          Or because so many people were at Dragon*Con and other events over the weekend.

          (Great time, BTW. I always love seeing everyone at these things.)

          http://www.escapepod.org
        • Sam Chupp
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
            Maybe it's because everyone is still hung over from Dragon*Con? :)

            On 9/4/07, Lans Hobart <wlhobart@...> wrote:

            > I assume this is because of the Quetchup fiasco, yes?

            --
            Sam Chupp
            http://samchupp.com
            LJ: http://sambear.livejournal.com
            Podcasts: http://fireheartfoundry.com

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
              Or holiday weekend here in the states.

              On 9/4/07, Lans Hobart <wlhobart@...> wrote:

              > I assume this is because of the Quetchup fiasco, yes?

              Mike Wills
              http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikewills
              Blog - http://mikewills.name
              Podcasts - http://podcastmike.com

            • Jason Thomas
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
                What is Quetchup???

                The Half Show with Me-saj & Jason
                YOUR INTERNET ENTERTAINMENT SOURCE FOR NEW TALENT

                SUBSCRIBE HERE :
                CALL THE COMMENT LINE: 206-600-HALF (4253)
                http//:www.thehalfshow.com

                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
                  I came home from Dragon*con to find Comcast had gone out and they can't come
                  out to fix internet and cable TV for a few days (I'm posting from work).
                  Yep, I'm distressed.

                  --
                  Laura Ross

                  The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
                  http://coffeeandteashow.com
                  Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
                  coffeeandteashow@...

                  Rocky Horror Pod Show
                  http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
                  Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
                  rockypod@...

                • Michael W. Dean
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
                    --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Flyswatter <luara.mom@...> wrote:

                    > I came home from Dragon*con to find Comcast had gone out and they
                    can't come
                    > out to fix internet and cable TV for a few days
                    ====
                    This doesn't help for uploading or downloading podcasts, but if you
                    just need to check e-mail at home, and SLOWLY check these forums or
                    something, most high-speed Internet access packages also include
                    dial-up access. They often don't even tell you. But get the dial-up
                    number for your area online at work and configure your dial-up modem
                    to dial in, using your user name and password.

                    I've even checked e-mail during a power blackout with this technique
                    from where I live, running the laptop on batteries.

                    MWD
                  • Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
                      Stephen Eley wrote:
                      > Or because so many people were at Dragon*Con and other events over the weekend.
                      >
                      > (Great time, BTW. I always love seeing everyone at these things.)

                      Yeah, I had time to meet a few podcasters this weekend at Dragon*Con.
                      Silly staff duties kept me from spending a lot of time at the Hilton. I
                      only managed to meet Mur when I checked out of the hotel (she was in
                      front of me in line).

                      Pardon me while I nap & take some extra vitamins ... br
                      --
                      Brian Richardson
                      - http://siliconchef.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 5, 2007
                        Heck, we have supah high-speed at work, so I went to work. I work at a photo
                        lab and we have to be able to move a lot of content quickly, so it's all
                        good baby!

                        By the way, the cable guy said we were hit by lightning and a big tree
                        branch, and they now want to bury our cable. This is the third time we've
                        lost connection this year.

                        Laura

                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 5, 2007
                          On 9/4/07, Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast? <wtc@...> wrote:

                          > Yeah, I had time to meet a few podcasters this weekend at Dragon*Con.
                          > Silly staff duties kept me from spending a lot of time at the Hilton. I
                          > only managed to meet Mur when I checked out of the hotel (she was in
                          > front of me in line).

                          And I didn't see you at all. Rargh. (Though I did enjoy much of your
                          work on Dragon*Con TV. Terrific job as always.)

                          Con report here, if anyone's still interested -- I will warn you that
                          the text is longer than some of my podcast episodes:

                          http://sfeley.livejournal.com/43960.html

                          http://www.escapepod.org
                        • Al Righta
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 5, 2007
                            Hey. For those of you who attended Dragon Con, could you give a review or just share
                            with the group how podcasting was represented there?
                            I've heard many podcasters talking about it and attending, I'm wondering if I should think
                            about going next year.
                            Jasper fromThePlanNineRockShow.
                            http://plannineprint.com

                            > > > I came home from Dragon*con to find Comcast had gone out and they
                            > > can't come
                            > > > out to fix internet and cable TV for a few days
                            > > ====
                            > > This doesn't help for uploading or downloading podcasts, but if you
                            > > just need to check e-mail at home, and SLOWLY check these forums or
                            > > something, most high-speed Internet access packages also include
                            > > dial-up access. They often don't even tell you. But get the dial-up
                            > > number for your area online at work and configure your dial-up modem
                            > > to dial in, using your user name and password.
                            > >
                            > > I've even checked e-mail during a power blackout with this technique
                            > > from where I live, running the laptop on batteries.
                            > >
                            > > MWD

                            > Laura Ross
                            >
                            > The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
                            > http://coffeeandteashow.com
                            > Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
                            > coffeeandteashow@...
                            >
                            > Rocky Horror Pod Show
                            > http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
                            > Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
                            > rockypod@...

                          • Matthew Wayne Selznick
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 5, 2007
                              On 9/5/07, Al Righta <alrighta@...> wrote:
                              > Hey. For those of you who attended Dragon Con, could you give a review or just share
                              > with the group how podcasting was represented there?
                              > I've heard many podcasters talking about it and attending, I'm wondering if I should think
                              > about going next year.

                              I'll be doing an episode of Sonitotum this weekend; I'll talk about
                              Dragon*Con. Steve Eley posted something on his blog, as did Mur
                              Lafferty and several others. Look for the usual suspects..!

                              But, yeah, you should go.

                              --
                              Matthew Wayne Selznick
                              Podcaster, Author
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 6, 2007
                                > Hey. For those of you who attended Dragon Con, could you give a review or just share
                                > with the group how podcasting was represented there?
                                > I've heard many podcasters talking about it and attending, I'm wondering if I should think
                                > about going next year.
                                > Jasper fromThePlanNineRockShow.

                                I'd highly recommend checking out this feed where many of the panels
                                and live shows are posted...

                                http://dragoncon.libsyn.com/rss

                                Many events from the first couple of days are already on there and
                                more should be added soon.

                                Along with the great podcasting track the rest of Dragon*Con is a
                                unique experience that I HIGHLY recommend.

                                This recap from 2005 does a great job of letting you know what the
                                experience can be like...

                                http://www.dvdtalk.com/features/dragoncon2005/index.html

                                Kevin

                                --
                                If you're a fan of Farscape or Firefly then you'll enjoy listening to
                                the award winning podcasts...

                                The ScapeCast
                                http://www.scapecast.org

                                The Signal