Re: [podcasters] iRiver Settings???

  • Andrew Darlow
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2007
      Hi Rangamuffin and Richard:

      I think the iRiver is great with XLR Dynamic Mics. Doug Kaye showed
      one a few years back at the Podcast Expo, and I created one based on
      his setup. I have an article here with information for how I made it
      work, including all the specific hardware I use to eliminate the
      common crackling sound when the 1/8 inch plug moves around inside the
      Line-In jack: <http://imagingbuffet.com/?p=241>

      I agree that testing is the best solution for the gain setting. Part
      of the problem may be that you are recording in stereo, and the
      second track, which is generally unnecessary, is messing up the
      overall sound.

      However, some mics, like the headset mic I speak about, need to be
      recorded with in stereo mode. I then just bring the audio into
      Audacity, split it and delete the unnecessary track.

      Hope that helps,

      Andrew
      Andrew Darlow
      Editor, The Imaging Buffet
      http://www.imagingbuffet.com

      All the best,

      Andrew

      On Aug 24, 2007, at 10:57 PM, Richard Amirault wrote:

> [...]

      Andrew Darlow
      Editor, The Imaging Buffet
      http://www.imagingbuffet.com
      http://www.andrewdarlow.com