Re: [podcasters] Advice for a knitting podcast please

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2007
      It was 18 Aug 2007, when ivy.reisner commented:

      > When I started Knitting Step by Step I intended to do a series of
      > instructional videos, with a set curriculum, starting with a simple
      > scarf and ending with a multi-color hat. My goal was to give my
      > viewers the fundamental skills that they could use for any project at
      > all. Now I'm not sure if, from a podcasting perspective, this is a
      > good thing.
      >
      > First, is it podfading if I said from episode 1 that this is going to
      > end after 28 videos? I've already published the schedule of what each
      > episode would contain.

      Ya know, I'm thinking less Podcast and more a Podiobook sort of thing
      here...

      > Second, I've come to realize that there are a lot of little videos I'd like
      > to do (steeks, spinning yarn, i-cord, etc.) They don't fit into the
      > curriculum and shouldn't be included in the main podcast. I want to go one
      > of four ways with this.

      See above, but for volume 2.

      <snip>

      > C- Switch to a monthly audio podcast after this to talk about knitting in
      > general, and I can use that to let listeners know that when new videos are
      > up and what the link is (including the link in the show notes as well).

      This, in addition to the above. Also allows responding to questions and
      comments.

      <snip>

      > Any and all opinions would be very appreciated.

      Just my thoughts, but you're welcome to them.

      --
      grizzly at grizzly dot podzone dot org
      Podcast <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>