In NYC? Looking for Social Media Job?

  • Kristopher Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2007
      This is an awesome opportunity. I have a client in NYC that is looking
      for someone to step into a role as a social media expert.

      The job pays very well and has the possibility of paying even better if
      you warrant it. The company's clients include Reebok, Subway, XM Radio
      among others.

      Here is the description that I have been sent:

      Use your expertise as a social media expert to build the department at
      one of the fastest growing consumer public relations firms in the
      country. Your expertise will further develop our approach to
      understanding where our client's target consumers are digesting
      information and have the knowledge to reach the consumers.

      Ideal candidates must have a firm understanding of social media, and be
      ahead of developments of how consumers are gathering information. Words
      such as Twitter, Second Life and Facebook you should embrace, not run
      from. Additional skill-sets include strategic thinking, proven track
      record participating in successful presentations, ability to communicate
      interdepartmentally and an understanding of the PR discipline.

      Objectives for the position include:
      Develop plan to educate 25-person staff on social media trends
      Monitor online conversations of client partners to uncover trends and
      landscape
      Identify and secure positive coverage for consumer clients in targeted
      online outlets
      Educate yourself to stay ahead of online trends
      Work in conjunction with client services to revenue by 10% from current
      clients by developing and implementing social media programs
      Participate in new business and current client meetings to showcase
      social media opportunities
      Work with third parties to further develop internal social media assets

      Ideal candidate is seeking a career & not just a job; as PPR has a 90%
      employee retention rate. Pyramid, headquartered in NYC was founded in
      late 2005, specializes in the sports, entertainment and the consumer space.

      Competitive salary, full medical/dental, profit sharing part of the
      position.

      *** Contact me off the list *** if you think opportunity is for you and
      I can fill you in a little more about the company.

      Cheers,

      Kris

      Kris Smith
      VP, New Media