Wordpress Questions

  • tim@frenchmaidtv.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14, 2007
      Hey Podcasters,

      I'm thinking about starting a blog for the French Maids that would be
      Text and Photo How To's and I'm wondering if anyone is using
      Wordpress for their video podcast and then for a separate blog on the
      same site?

      If yes...Do you have two different Wordpress databases installed or
      are you just doing the blog on a different page?

      Tim

      Tim Street
      Creator/Executive Producer
      French Maid TV
      The Viral Video of �How To�s� by French Maids
      http://frenchmaidtv.com
      Subscribe for FREE on
      MY BLOG: http://1timstreet.blogspot.com/

    • PhiLL Ramey
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14, 2007
        Hey Tim,

        I'm not running two separate blogs at this point in time (although I
        initially did have one Wordpress install for my podcast and then one for my
        main site content), but if you want to completely segregate your Text/Photo
        How To's from your video podcast through two separate installations, you
        would need to have the two installs contained within separate directories
        and separate databases. Wordpress' Codex has a page dedicated to this here:
        http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_Multiple_Blogs

        Also, if you didn't want to hassle with two separate wordpress installs, you
        could also make sure all of your podcast content was assigned a specific
        category and then have your main index page exclude that category, but have
        a link to the category page of your podcasts as a separate page with just
        the podcast content.

        Hopefully that wasn't too confusing of an explanation.

        Thanks,
        Phill

        On 8/14/07, tim@... <tim@...> wrote:

        > Hey Podcasters,
        >
        > I'm thinking about starting a blog for the French Maids that would be
        > Text and Photo How To's and I'm wondering if anyone is using
        > Wordpress for their video podcast and then for a separate blog on the
        > same site?
        >
        > If yes...Do you have two different Wordpress databases installed or
        > are you just doing the blog on a different page?
        >

        > Tim
        >
        > Tim Street
        > Creator/Executive Producer
        > French Maid TV
        > The Viral Video of "How To's" by French Maids
        > http://frenchmaidtv.com
        > Subscribe for FREE on
        > MY BLOG: http://1timstreet.blogspot.com/

        Recent Podcasts (http://www.thephiller.com/podcast/):
        Music Show #97
        Interview with Vib Gyor

        Recent Reviews:
        YACHT - I Believe In You. Your Magic Is Real.
        Linda Draper - Keepsake
        LKN - Postulate II
        Bottom of the Hudson - Fantastic Hawk
        John P. Strohm - Everyday Life
        The Conformists - Three Hundred

        PhiLL Ramey
        The PhiLL(er)
        PO Box 1345
        Issaquah, WA 98027

        phill@...
        AIM: thephillerdotcom
        http://www.thephiller.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2007
          Thanks Phill.

          I think I understand. Sounds like two installs might be the best
          solution.

          On Aug 14, 2007, at 8:53 PM, PhiLL Ramey wrote:

          > Hey Tim,
          >
          > I'm not running two separate blogs at this point in time (although I
          > initially did have one Wordpress install for my podcast and then
          > one for my
          > main site content), but if you want to completely segregate your
          > Text/Photo
          > How To's from your video podcast through two separate
          > installations, you
          > would need to have the two installs contained within separate
          > directories
          > and separate databases. Wordpress' Codex has a page dedicated to
          > this here:
          > http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_Multiple_Blogs
          >
          > Also, if you didn't want to hassle with two separate wordpress
          > installs, you
          > could also make sure all of your podcast content was assigned a
          > specific
          > category and then have your main index page exclude that category,
          > but have
          > a link to the category page of your podcasts as a separate page
          > with just
          > the podcast content.
          >
          > Hopefully that wasn't too confusing of an explanation.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Phill
          >
          > On 8/14/07, tim@... <tim@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey Podcasters,
          > >
          > > I'm thinking about starting a blog for the French Maids that
          > would be
          > > Text and Photo How To's and I'm wondering if anyone is using
          > > Wordpress for their video podcast and then for a separate blog on
          > the
          > > same site?
          > >
          > > If yes...Do you have two different Wordpress databases installed or
          > > are you just doing the blog on a different page?
          > >

          > > Tim
          > >
          > > Tim Street
          > > Creator/Executive Producer
          > > French Maid TV
          > > The Viral Video of "How To's" by French Maids
          > > http://frenchmaidtv.com
          > > Subscribe for FREE on
          > target="_blank">iTunes</a>
          > > MY BLOG: http://1timstreet.blogspot.com/

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Recent Podcasts (http://www.thephiller.com/podcast/):
          > Music Show #97
          > Interview with Vib Gyor
          >
          > Recent Reviews:
          > YACHT - I Believe In You. Your Magic Is Real.
          > Linda Draper - Keepsake
          > LKN - Postulate II
          > Bottom of the Hudson - Fantastic Hawk
          > John P. Strohm - Everyday Life
          > The Conformists - Three Hundred

          > PhiLL Ramey
          > The PhiLL(er)
          > PO Box 1345
          > Issaquah, WA 98027
          >
          > phill@...
          > AIM: thephillerdotcom
          > http://www.thephiller.com

        • Andy Bilodeau
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2007
            On 8/15/07, tim@... <tim@...> wrote:
            > Thanks Phill.
            >
            > I think I understand. Sounds like two installs might be the best
            > solution.
            >
            > Tim

            Hi Tim,

            2 separate installations would be the best way, however, 2 separate
            databases are not required. When installing the 2nd one, simply change
            the prefix of the tables it's creating during the config setup. By
            default, the tables are prefixed with "wordpress", but you are not
            obligated to use that.

            Just another option if you are not able to create additional databases.

            Good Luck!

            --
            Andy Bilodeau

            The AndyCast PodCast
            You'll laugh 'til you stop!
            http://www.andycast.net

            Blog: http://andy.andycast.net
            Skype : andybilodeau
            Twitter : http://twitter.com/andycaster
          • Dan Kuykendall
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 16, 2007
              You can seperate using categories, so doing it all under a single blog
              should work fine.
              And of course podpress makes the podcasting parts nice and easy.

              tim@... wrote:
              > Hey Podcasters,
              >
              > I'm thinking about starting a blog for the French Maids that would be
              > Text and Photo How To's and I'm wondering if anyone is using
              > Wordpress for their video podcast and then for a separate blog on the
              > same site?
              >
              > If yes...Do you have two different Wordpress databases installed or
              > are you just doing the blog on a different page?
              >

              > Tim
              >
              > Tim Street
              > Creator/Executive Producer
              > French Maid TV
              > The Viral Video of “How To’s” by French Maids
              > http://frenchmaidtv.com
              > Subscribe for FREE on
              > MY BLOG: http://1timstreet.blogspot.com/

              Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r)
              http://www.mightyseek.com

              The ultimate security is your understanding of reality.