So, what they said

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2007
      Now that other folks have repeatedly said better than I've said it (it's a
      gift bestowed by genetics, someday 1 in 150 of your children will be as
      unintelligible as I am)...

      My original question was addressed to the group as a whole (as I've said
      before). We as podcasters have access to the single most technosavvy
      group of (insert your nationality) ever assembled on the planet. They
      can't be listening to you if they don't know how.

      So, ask them:

      You like listening to podcasts. How would you arrange to allow everyone
      else to listen to the shows you like?

      Depending on your audience you may want to raise the obstacles. Not
      everyone has the bandwidth you have. Not everyone has access to the
      Internet (arguably a whole 'nother problem). But each of us has a program
      we like and would say, "Gee, such-and-such would love this stuff..., how
      do I make sure they keep getting this stuff?" A weblink is easy. An RSS
      feed might be hard.

      I don't know the right answer; if I did, I'd be using it and leaving all
      the other podcasters in the dust. Certainly I'd remember the Little
      People who'd been rendered superfluous by my Plan for World Domination --
      er, my Effort to create Unversally Free Communication and Justice and alla
      that crap.

      So, if you ask, maybe you get an answer. And if you don't, what, you've
      devoted 5 seconds to the cause of free communication. And what, that's
      bad?

      And if you succeed, you make my Mom happy. And you'd like my Mom. Heck,
      I'd like your Mom, wouldn't I? So you know what I mean.

      And that's all I have to say about that.

      --
      grizzly at grizzly dot podzone dot org
      Podcast <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>