Re: [podcasters] Zune podcast directories

  • Flyswatter
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2007
      Thanks for the info guys. I just twittered the info to Sean.

      BTW, is the Zune EVER going to be Mac native compatible? I can and do use
      PCs but am not going to chuck my sizable investment in Macintosh at home,
      plus I like it better. Unless I wipe the hard drive, my home Dell is
      virtually useless, after my kids got into it and started playing
      poorly-written games on it.

      Laura

      On 8/2/07, Nobilis <authornobilis@...> wrote:

      > On 8/2/07, Will Brown <cloudydayart@... <cloudydayart%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      > > > On 8/2/07, Nobilis <authornobilis@...<authornobilis%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Is the Zune still adding DRM to DRM-free files that are saved onto it?
      > >
      > > A slight misrepresentation of the facts. (Zune owner here)
      > > That DRM is applied when files are shared between Zunes wirelessly.
      > > I'm don't fully understand the logic, but the purpose is when you want
      > > to share a great song that you like with a friend, you send it to them
      > > and they get to listen to it three times before the file deletes
      > > itself. I assume this allows the user a chance to see if they like it
      > > enough to purchase it for themselves. The DRM slapped on the file
      > > protects Microsoft from the RIAA.
      >
      > Okay... so it slaps on the DRM on the way out rather than the way in.
      > No functional difference.
      >
      > I'll keep my TSonic 610.
      >
      > --
      > "Feelings stronger than instinct, loyalties higher than money"
      > Now available from ExtasyBooks.com -- "Centaur" --
      > http://www.extasybooks.com
      > -----
      > And if you like your erotica served up on your ipod or mp3 player,
      > subscribe to Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com

      Laura Ross
      Coffee and Tea Show
      http://coffeeandteashow.com
      Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
      coffeeandteashow@...

      Rocky Horror Pod Show
      http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
      Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
      rockypod@...