RE: [podcasters] desperately seeking reality check

  • Todd Cochrane
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
      My only advice is this if you only plan on doing a few shows aka under 10,
      then I would not expect a great deal unless you have a huge advertising
      budget to push them. The companies that I have consulting contracts with
      have been producing corporate podcast for at least a year, and have been
      able to gain some respect from their clients, as the clients recognize it is
      not a PR stunt but actual good faith efforts by the company to get good info
      out and not just a infomercial.

      It took some time to get the traction needed to gain the customers trust. I
      only will work with companies that are willing to put in a one to two year
      commitment with very hard and fast publication schedules. The biggest
      hurdles will be PR and Legal if you can keep them at bay you should have
      good results.

      _____