Re: How do you improve your voice? Please share some tips

  • Michael W. Dean
    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 1, 2007
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Jody Colvard" <jody@...> wrote:

      > Hi Michael,
      >
      > I'm only talking about before or during the recording.
      > Limiting the alcohol and caffeine helps eliminate slurring and
      > chattering of the teeth :-)
      >
      > And notice I said limit, I didn't say not at all.
      >
      > Jody Colvard

      ====

      Yup. I was mostly joking.
      And those are all good tips.

      One I'd add is to avoid going from drinking something really hot to
      really cold or vs. versa right before recording. That plays hell on
      the vocal cords.

      (So if you do a beer cast that's ALSO a coffee cast, you're in trouble.)
      MWD

      "Which way's the bathroom? Oh....I shouldn't have had all that beer
      and coffee and watermelon!"
      --Homer Simpson
    • Evo Terra
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 6, 2007
        Braindouche! wrote:

        > You are correct, sir [referring to Steve Eley]. I have seen pictures of you, however, from the
        > Balticon podcasting panel, for example:
        >
        > http://oneminutehowto.com/Balticon/2tmb.jpg
        > <http://oneminutehowto.com/Balticon/2tmb.jpg>
        >
        > My humblest apologies, my ability to count failed me and I honestly thought
        > you were the skinny guy to the left of you in the photo.

        Nope, that was me. And I'm tickled as shit that you think I'm skinny. W00t!

        Oh wait, you meant to the left of *us*, not from the audience's point of
        view.

        Shit. I'll go back to bing pudgy and sit quietly.

        E.

        --
        Evo Terra | Podiobooks.com

        Follow me -> http://twitter.com/evo_terra