Kryptographik Episode 14

  • desade_69xxx
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 30, 2007
      Hi all, I'm new to the group, and wanted to let you all know about our
      latest podcast.

      I'll appreciate any feedback I can get.

      Thanks,
      Brian

      ---

      Kryptographik is a trans-continental podcast featuring Brian (in the
      U.S.) and Damian (in Australia), providing news, reviews, and
      commentary regarding science-fiction, dark fantasy and horror, in and
      out of comics.

      In our 14th podcast, we discuss the recent announcement regarding the
      film adaptation of the new comic "The Living Corpse', coming soon from
      Zenescope Entertainment, some theories regarding J.J. Abrams'
      Cloverfield / 01-18-08 trailer, the Special Features on the new Zodiac
      DVD & the Spawn Animated DVD Set, upcoming comics from Dynamite
      Entertainment featuring 'The Man With No Name' from the Clint Eastwood
      / Sergio Leone westerns and Zorro, the new World of Warcraft comic
      coming soon from DC's Wildstorm imprint, and this Halloween's
      crossover between Fangoria Comic's BUMP and Devil's Due Publishing's
      Hack/Slash.

      We also have an interview with artist Walter Flanagan regarding War of
      the Undead, recently published as a trade paperback by IDW, and some
      shoutouts to fellow podcasters ComicBookNoise, Thoom!, Quiet!
      Panelologists at Work and The Nut Gallery.

      60 Minutes of Kryptography in 28 MB

      Direct Download (iPod not required):
      http://media.libsyn.com/media/kryptographik/Kryptographik0014.mp3

      Podcatcher feed:
      http://kryptographik.libsyn.com/rss

      iTunes Link:
      http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=213352477

      Websites
      http://www.lordshaper.com/kryptographik/
      http://www.comicspace.com/kryptographik/
      http://www.myspace.com/kryptographik/
      http://kryptographik.ning.com/

      Forum:
      http://www.cgspodcast.com/forum2//index.php?showforum=143
    • David Smith
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 31, 2007
        It was 30 Jul 2007, when desade_69xxx commented:

        > Hi all, I'm new to the group, and wanted to let you all know about our
        > latest podcast.
        >
        > I'll appreciate any feedback I can get.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Brian

        Glad to hear it. You want some real science fiction "street cred," in SF
        and Horror, for that matter, get Steven Eley to endorse your work. The
        day Steve puts a link in his shownotes, is the day I go look at your work.

        Congrats on Show 14, though.

        --
        grizzly at grizzly dot podzone dot org
        Podcast <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 31, 2007
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "David Smith" <dbsmith@...> wrote:

          > It was 30 Jul 2007, when desade_69xxx commented:
          >
          > > Hi all, I'm new to the group, and wanted to let you all know about our
          > > latest podcast.
          > >
          > > I'll appreciate any feedback I can get.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Brian
          >
          > Glad to hear it. You want some real science fiction "street cred,"
          in SF
          > and Horror, for that matter, get Steven Eley to endorse your work. The
          > day Steve puts a link in his shownotes, is the day I go look at your
          work.

          > Congrats on Show 14, though.
          >
          > --
          > grizzly at grizzly dot podzone dot org
          > Podcast <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
          > Life and Times of a Minor Local Celebrity
          > Blog <http://grizzlysgrowls.blogspot.com>

          Good to know. I'll see what I can do.

          ; )

          Brian
        • Nobilis
          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 1, 2007
            On 8/1/07, David Smith <dbsmith@...> wrote:

            > Glad to hear it. You want some real science fiction "street cred," in SF
            > and Horror, for that matter, get Steven Eley to endorse your work. The
            > day Steve puts a link in his shownotes, is the day I go look at your work.

            Oh great... now everyone and their brother are going to be knocking
            down Steve's door.

            Oh wait... he probably wouldn't mind that...

            --
            "Feelings stronger than instinct, loyalties higher than money"
            Now available from ExtasyBooks.com -- "Centaur" -- http://www.extasybooks.com
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 1, 2007
              I think this may be the first time "street cred" and "science fiction" have
              been used in the same sentence.

              Steve Boyett
              www.djsteveboy.com <http://www.djsteveboy.com/>
              Podcasts: "Groovelectric" / "Podrunner"

              _____

              > Glad to hear it. You want some real science fiction "street cred," in SF
              > and Horror, for that matter, get Steven Eley to endorse your work. The
              > day Steve puts a link in his shownotes, is the day I go look at your work.

              Oh great... now everyone and their brother are going to be knocking
              down Steve's door.

              Oh wait... he probably wouldn't mind that...

              --
              "Feelings stronger than instinct, loyalties higher than money"
              Now available from ExtasyBooks.com -- "Centaur" -- http://www.extasybo
              <http://www.extasybooks.com> oks.com
              -----
              And if you like your erotica served up on your ipod or mp3 player,
              subscribe to Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis. <http://nobilis.libsyn.com>
              libsyn.com

            • desade_69xxx
              Message 6 of 26 , Aug 1, 2007
                I'm guessing you're not a cyberpunk fan, eh?

                LOL,
                Brian
                Co-host of the Kryptographik podcast
                http://www.lordshaper.com/kryptographik/

                --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Steven R. Boyett" <steve@...>

                Message 7 of 26 , Aug 1, 2007
                  I like good writing no matter where it shows up. So, mostly, no. :)

                  --steve boyett

                  _____

                  I'm guessing you're not a cyberpunk fan, eh?

                  LOL,
                  Brian
                  Co-host of the Kryptographik podcast
                  http://www.lordshap <http://www.lordshaper.com/kryptographik/>
                  er.com/kryptographik/

                  --- In podcasters@yahoogro <mailto:podcasters%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,

                  Message 8 of 26 , Aug 2, 2007
                    Damn!

                    LMAO,
                    Brian

                    Message 9 of 26 , Aug 2, 2007
                      Always nice to know I have something of value to contribute to the group.

                      It was 1 Aug 2007, when Steven R. Boyett commented:

                      Message 10 of 26 , Aug 15, 2007
                        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <mailto:podcasters@yahoogroups.com> ,
                        "David Smith" <dbsmith@...> wrote:

                        > Glad to hear it. You want some real science fiction "street
                        cred," in SF
                        > and Horror, for that matter, get Steven Eley to endorse your
                        work. The
                        > day Steve puts a link in his shownotes, is the day I go look at
                        your work.

                        > Congrats on Show 14, though.
                        >
                        > --
                        > grizzly at grizzly dot podzone dot org
                        > Podcast <http://grizzly.libsyn.com <http://grizzly.libsyn.com> >
                        > Life and Times of a Minor Local Celebrity
                        > Blog <http://grizzlysgrowls.blogspot.com
                        <http://grizzlysgrowls.blogspot.com> >

                        Hopefully our latest podcast will warrant an endorsement from Mr.
                        Stephen Eley, and we'll get some of that "street cred" I've heard so
                        much about.

                        ; )

                        Thanks,
                        Brian

                        ---

                        Kryptographik SF, Dark Fantasy and Horror Podcast Episode 15

                        Kryptographik is a trans-continental podcast featuring Brian (in the
                        U.S.) and Damian (in Australia), providing news, reviews, and commentary
                        regarding science-fiction, dark fantasy and horror, in and out of
                        comics.

                        In our 15th podcast, Brian interviews Ric Rebelo, director of the Arkham
                        Film Society and the Rhode Island International Horror Film Festival, as
                        well as the program director for The First Annual Rock and Shock Film
                        Festival.

                        Due to scheduling issues, Damian couldn't join us, so instead he'll be
                        joining the audience as we discuss the above mentioned film festivals,
                        independent short and feature length horror films such as The Demonology
                        of Desire, Splatter Disco and Zibahkhana - Pakistan's first gore film,
                        as well as major studio releases such as Grindhouse, Hostel 2, Saw 4,
                        Rob Zombie's Halloween, 30 Days of Night, I Am Legend and the winner of
                        the Grindhouse trailer competition from this year's SXSW convention -
                        Hobo With A Shotgun!

                        41 Minutes of Kryptography in 19 MB

                        Listen to us online at:
                        http://kryptographik.ning.com/ <http://kryptographik.ning.com/>

                        Direct Download (iPod not required):
                        http://media.libsyn.com/media/kryptographik/Kryptographik0015.mp3
                        <http://media.libsyn.com/media/kryptographik/Kryptographik0015.mp3>

                        Podcatcher feed:
                        http://kryptographik.libsyn.com/rss
                        <http://kryptographik.libsyn.com/rss>

                        iTunes Link:
                        http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=2133524\
                        77
                        <http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=213352\
                        477>

                        Find us online at:

                        Message 11 of 26 , Aug 15, 2007
                          On 8/15/07, desade_69xxx <desade_69xxx@...> wrote:

                          > Hopefully our latest podcast will warrant an endorsement from Mr.
                          > Stephen Eley, and we'll get some of that "street cred" I've heard so
                          > much about.

                          Well, I disagree a bit with Mr. Smith about my own importance in
                          creating "street cred" for a podcast. We're all lost souls in the
                          fishbowl. But do you have an audio promo? If so, send it to
                          editor@... -- one reason I've been playing fewer of them at
                          the ends of my episodes is because I've been receiving fewer of them.

                          http://www.escapepod.org
                        • desade_69xxx
                          Message 12 of 26 , Aug 16, 2007
                            The lovely and talented Kat Rocha, and her lucky and talented (and
                            funny) husband Josh Finney, created this graphic for us, and recorded
                            this promo based upon a short script I wrote, inspired by the graphic.

                            http://web.omnidrive.com/APIServer/public/Q1sPcH7OUbwvRXMcajcQsLtZ/syn.j\
                            pg
                            <http://web.omnidrive.com/APIServer/public/Q1sPcH7OUbwvRXMcajcQsLtZ/syn.\
                            jpg>

                            http://web.omnidrive.com/APIServer/public/65JLdK0o54nvkTgguIk7iNim/KGK_M\
                            ystress_Syn_Bumper.mp3
                            <http://web.omnidrive.com/APIServer/public/65JLdK0o54nvkTgguIk7iNim/KGK_\
                            Mystress_Syn_Bumper.mp3>

                            We had them on the first "Direktor's Kut" episode of our podcast, at
                            http://www.lordshaper.com/kryptographik/?q=node/39
                            <http://www.lordshaper.com/kryptographik/?q=node/39> , and they came
                            back to give us their San Diego Comic Con report, which should be going
                            up shortly.

                            BTW, our "Direktor's Kut" episodes consist of interviews followed by
                            page-by-page, DVD-style commentary tracks, usually following the first
                            issue of a comic series.

                            Our second "Direktor's Kut" episode, with Bump from Fangoria Comics is
                            also online, and our third, featuring Revere from A.S.P. should also be
                            going up shortly.

                            Yes, I have two more episodes to edit, despite just uploading an
                            episode, LOL.

                            Thanks again,
                            Brian

                            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Eley" <SFEley@...> wrote:

                            > On 8/15/07, desade_69xxx desade_69xxx@... wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Hopefully our latest podcast will warrant an endorsement from Mr.
                            > > Stephen Eley, and we'll get some of that "street cred" I've heard so
                            > > much about.
                            >
                            > Well, I disagree a bit with Mr. Smith about my own importance in
                            > creating "street cred" for a podcast. We're all lost souls in the
                            > fishbowl. But do you have an audio promo? If so, send it to
                            > editor@... -- one reason I've been playing fewer of them at
                            > the ends of my episodes is because I've been receiving fewer of them.
                            >

                            > --
                            > Have Fun,
                            > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
                            > http://www.escapepod.org

                          • Michael W. Dean
                            Message 13 of 26 , Aug 16, 2007
                              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "desade_69xxx" <desade_69xxx@...>
                              wrote:

                              > The lovely and talented Kat Rocha, and her lucky and talented (and
                              > funny) husband Josh Finney, created this graphic for us, and recorded
                              > this promo based upon a short script I wrote, inspired by the graphic.

                              http://web.omnidrive.com/APIServer/public/Q1sPcH7OUbwvRXMcajcQsLtZ/syn.jpg

                              ====
                              Nice art, but nothing unmotivates me like a woman with a whip.

                              MWD
                              "SUBMISSION AND COFFEE WITH DOLLIE LLAMA" (free BDSM podcast. No iPod
                              needed):
                              http://www.askdollie.com
                            • Michael W. Dean
                              Message 14 of 26 , Aug 16, 2007
                                Your MP3
                                http://web.omnidrive.com/APIServer/public/65JLdK0o54nvkTgguIk7iNim/KGK_Mystress_Syn_Bumper.mp3
                                does not load.

                                MWD
                                "Clone The Homeless"
                                Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
                                was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
                                http://www.clonethehomeless.com
                              • Michael W. Dean
                                Message 15 of 26 , Aug 16, 2007
                                  wrote:

                                  > ....We had them on the first "Direktor's Kut" episode of our podcast, at
                                  > http://www.lordshaper.com/kryptographik/?q=node/39
                                  > <http://www.lordshaper.com/kryptographik/?q=node/39>

                                  The direct MP3 link on that page :
                                  http://media.libsyn.com/media/kryptographik/Kryptographik-Direktors-Kut001.mp3.mp3

                                  does not work.

                                  You need to remove the last "mp3" from the URL so it reads
                                  http://media.libsyn.com/media/kryptographik/Kryptographik-Direktors-Kut001.mp3

                                  I'm listening now.

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Aug 16, 2007
                                    On 8/16/07, Michael W. Dean <kittyfeet70@...> wrote:
                                    > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "desade_69xxx" <desade_69xxx@...>
                                    > wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > The lovely and talented Kat Rocha, and her lucky and talented (and
                                    > > funny) husband Josh Finney, created this graphic for us, and recorded
                                    > > this promo based upon a short script I wrote, inspired by the graphic.
                                    > >

                                    > http://web.omnidrive.com/APIServer/public/Q1sPcH7OUbwvRXMcajcQsLtZ/syn.jpg
                                    >
                                    > ====
                                    > Nice art, but nothing unmotivates me like a woman with a whip.

                                    Takes all kinds.

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Aug 16, 2007
                                      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Nobilis <authornobilis@...> wrote:

                                      > On 8/16/07, Michael W. Dean <kittyfeet70@...> wrote:
                                      > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "desade_69xxx" <desade_69xxx@>
                                      > > wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > The lovely and talented Kat Rocha, and her lucky and talented (and
                                      > > > funny) husband Josh Finney, created this graphic for us, and
                                      recorded
                                      > > > this promo based upon a short script I wrote, inspired by the
                                      graphic.

                                      http://web.omnidrive.com/APIServer/public/Q1sPcH7OUbwvRXMcajcQsLtZ/syn.jpg

                                      > > ====
                                      > > Nice art, but nothing unmotivates me like a woman with a whip.
                                      >
                                      > Takes all kinds.
                                      ===
                                      Yup. YKINMK.

                                      However, if one were trying to appeal to the demographic of people who
                                      dig women with whips, don't you think that the slogan

                                      MISTRESS SYN SAYS:
                                      "LISTEN TO KRYPTOGRAPHIK OR TASTE MY WHIP!"

                                      might make them do anything BUT listen to Kryptographik?

                                      A better slogan might be:

                                      MISTRESS SYN SAYS:
                                      "LISTEN TO KRYPTOGRAPHIK AND MAYBE I'LL CONSIDER GIVING YOU THE
                                      PRIVILEGE OF TASTING MY WHIP!"

                                      Lol.....

                                      --MWD
                                      "Clone The Homeless"
                                      Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
                                      was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
                                      http://www.clonethehomeless.com
                                    • Sam Chupp
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Aug 16, 2007
                                        What's the matter Michael, you can dish out a singletail, but you can't take
                                        it? :)

                                        --
                                        Sam Chupp
                                        http://samchupp.com

                                      • dollie_llama
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Aug 16, 2007
                                          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Sam Chupp" <sam@...> wrote:

                                          > What's the matter Michael, you can dish out a singletail, but you
                                          can't take
                                          > it? :)

                                          Wow, Sam - total non sequitur. Where to even begin...

                                          :p

                                          dollie

                                          Slut up your pod!
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Aug 16, 2007
                                            OK, OK. I withdraw the accusation ;)

                                            --
                                            Sam Chupp
                                            http://samchupp.com
                                            LJ: http://sambear.livejournal.com

                                          • Damian Smith
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Aug 17, 2007
                                              Hey guys I'm the other half of Kryptographik over here in Australia.

                                              If you were having trouble getting the promo from the omnidrive
                                              address I have a permanent address here:
                                              http://www.lordshaper.com/files/Kryptographik_Mystress_Syn_Bumper.mp3

                                              And I'm glad everyone has liked it hehehe

                                              Let us know what you think of the shows as well... as you all know
                                              it's hard to get feedback when everyone listens on the go and you
                                              never get emails because they forget to mail when they get to a PC
                                              hehehehe

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Aug 17, 2007
                                                It seems Yahoo's Rich-Text Editor (Beta) has a few of it's own kinks
                                                to work out, LOL.

                                                Let's try this again.

[...]

                                                PS: The artwork was sent to the show unsolicited (but is far from
                                                unappreciated). I'm not sure what that says about the artists or the
                                                show, LOL.

                                                PPS: We're a Science Fiction, Dark Fantasy & Horror podcast, not a
                                                BDSM podcast. I hope no one is disappointed. ; )

                                                --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Dean" <kittyfeet70@...>

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Aug 17, 2007
                                                  wrote:

                                                  > It seems Yahoo's Rich-Text Editor (Beta) has a few of it's own kinks
                                                  > to work out, LOL.
                                                  >
                                                  > Let's try this again.
                                                  >
                                                  > The lovely and talented Kat Rocha, and her lucky and talented (and
                                                  > funny) husband Josh Finney, created this graphic for us, and recorded
                                                  > this promo based upon a short script I wrote, inspired by the graphic.

                                                  http://web.omnidrive.com/APIServer/public/Q1sPcH7OUbwvRXMcajcQsLtZ/syn.jpg

                                                  http://web.omnidrive.com/APIServer/public/65JLdK0o54nvkTgguIk7iNim/KGK_Mystress_Syn_Bumper.mp3

                                                  ==

                                                  The image is coming up, the MP3 is not.

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Aug 17, 2007
                                                    On 8/17/07, Damian Smith <lordshaper@...> wrote:

                                                    > If you were having trouble getting the promo from the omnidrive
                                                    > address I have a permanent address here:
                                                    > http://www.lordshaper.com/files/Kryptographik_Mystress_Syn_Bumper.mp3
                                                    >
                                                    > And I'm glad everyone has liked it hehehe

                                                    Remember: if you want it to be considered for Escape Pod, somebody
                                                    needs to send it to editor@... as specified a few days ago.
                                                    So far nobody has.

                                                    http://www.escapepod.org
                                                  • desade_69xxx
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Aug 17, 2007
                                                      You should be receiving it shortly.

                                                      Thanks again,
                                                      Brian

                                                      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Eley" <SFEley@...> wrote:

                                                      > Remember: if you want it to be considered for Escape Pod, somebody
                                                      > needs to send it to editor@... as specified a few days ago.
                                                      > So far nobody has.
                                                      >

                                                      > --
                                                      > Have Fun,
                                                      > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
                                                      > http://www.escapepod.org

                                                    • desade_69xxx
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Aug 17, 2007
                                                        So, has anyone taken the red pill that is Kryptographik?

                                                        Brian
                                                        Co-host of the Kryptographik podcast,
                                                        covering S/F, Dark Fantasy & Horror,
                                                        in and out of comics.