A chance to highlight your podcast

  • rick@allyourtv.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2007
      My "day" job involves working at a Twin Cities-based company called
      Internet Broadcasting. We run about 70 or so web sites for local TV
      stations. Everything from WNBC.com in NYC to WTOV9.com in Stubenville,
      OH.

      http://www.ibsys.com/sites/index.html

      Many of our local sites have long done podcasts, but I've been working
      on some podcasts and other content that is being produced here by our
      national staff.

      Which brings me to the point of this.

      One of my projects is a new section which will highlight the
      contributions of individuals, from photo submissions to music to
      podcasts. The pitch is that *you* are the star of this section.

      I want to highlight some individual podcasts as part of this. I'm
      guessing perhaps 2 or 3 a week (depending on how quickly I rotate them
      through). It's a chance to get some new listeners and highlight your
      podcast.

      I'm not looking for any type of podcast in particular, it could be
      music-driven, simply commentary, devoted to a specific genre. It could
      be a wildly successful podcast, or one that only has a few listeners.

      I already have a few in mind (ones that I already listen to), but I
      want to cast as wide a net as possible with this. I want to try and
      get a good mix of subjects, and the bigger pool I have to work with,
      the better.

      I honestly have no idea how this will impact your subscription rate,
      especially at the beginning. But as an FYI, the IB sites collectively
      grab about 20 million plus unique visitors a month. Not that 20
      million people will see the profiles, but it's not a small audience,
      either.

      If you're interested, I need a couple of things from you.

      1) A link to your RSS feed (or however you want people to subscribe).
      Are you in iTunes?

      2) A logo, picture of yourself or something I can use as a blurb
      image. Ideally, at least 400x300 pixels.

      3) A short, first person explanation of your podcast, why you're doing
      it, etc. Don't sound like sales pitch. But talk about what people can
      expect. A soft, casual approach will do much better with our audience.

      5) Make sure to tell me where you're located. If we have a local
      site/station near you, I'll pitch them on the piece as well.

      A couple of caveats. I'm dealing with a number of media partners here
      in a number of different sized markets. At least initially, I want to
      focus on more family friendly podcasts.

      Also, I can't promise I'll get to everyone. And honestly, if you're
      podcast just sounds terrible, I wouldn't do either of us any good by
      promoting it. But I know what it's like to get people to listen, and
      want to help if I can.

      Please respond to my work address rellis@....

      The soft launch date is around the first of August.

      BTW, if you have an office or buisness-related podcast, I might have
      another spot for you, as well.

      Thanks in advance,

      Rick Ellis
      Internet Broadcasting
      rellis@...
    • Morning Brew Cast
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2007
        Rick,

        Thanks for the opportunity to expand the reach of our audience. For the most
        part I would consider us a family friendly podcast, but I¹ll let you be the
        judge.

        Our tagline is: Two coffee loving, java jumping, caffeine crazy sisters who
        like to chit chat after a cup or two or three of the morning brew. Grab your
        cup of brew and join the fun!

        A bit about what go us into podcasting: back in 2005 I wanted to do a show
        and convinced my sister to do it with me. We wanted to do something that
        would be fun and easy. So we were sitting around drinking coffee bouncing
        ideas around for a show topic. My sister, Jackie, asked, ³What do we like to
        do and what do we do often?² Then the idea hit. We love to drink coffee and
        chat. So The Morning BrewCast was born. The only difference since we started
        our show is that now in our coffee chat we hit record.²

        Cheers,
        Jennifer & Jackie

        ---
        http://www.MorningBrewCast.com
        morningbrewcast@...
        Subscribe: http://feeds.feedburner.com/mbrewcast or Get us in iTunes:
        http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=117794215
        Flickr pics: http://flickr.com/photos/morningbrewcast/

        From: rick@...
        Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:44:00 -0500
        To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
        Cc: rellis@...
        Subject: [podcasters] A chance to highlight your podcast

[...]

        <mailto:rellis%40ibsys.com> .

        The soft launch date is around the first of August.

        BTW, if you have an office or buisness-related podcast, I might have
        another spot for you, as well.

        Thanks in advance,

        Rick Ellis
        Internet Broadcasting
        rellis@... <mailto:rellis%40ibsys.com>

      • Steven R. Boyett
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2007
          Read his postl:
          Please respond to my work address <mailto:rellis%40ibsys.com>
          rellis@...
          <mailto:rellis%40ibsys.com> .

          --steve boyett

          _____

          http://www.MorningB <http://www.MorningBrewCast.com> rewCast.com
          morningbrewcast@ <mailto:morningbrewcast%40gmail.com> gmail.com
          Subscribe: http://feeds. <http://feeds.feedburner.com/mbrewcast>
          feedburner.com/mbrewcast or Get us in iTunes:
          http://phobos.
          <http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=117794215>
          apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=117794215
          Flickr pics: http://flickr. <http://flickr.com/photos/morningbrewcast/>
          com/photos/morningbrewcast/

          From: rick@allyourtv. <mailto:rick%40allyourtv.com> com
          Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:44:00 -0500
          To: podcasters@yahoogro <mailto:podcasters%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com
          Cc: rellis@ibsys. <mailto:rellis%40ibsys.com> com

          http://www.ibsys. <http://www.ibsys.com/sites/index.html>
[...]

          Please respond to my work address rellis@ibsys. <mailto:rellis%40ibsys.com>
          com
          <mailto:rellis%40ibsys.com> .

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 13, 2007
            ACK! Just hit send and realized what we did. :-/

            Sorry everyone on the list. We¹re heading out the door to a b-day
            celebration and accidentally sent the email to everybody on the list and not
            just Rick. Apologies all around.

            We¹re off to drink wine and be happy.

            Hope everyone has a great weekend.

            Jennifer & Jackie