Re: [podcasters] Feedback Phone Number Message Spam

  • Shawn Thorpe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10, 2007
      On 7/8/07, Pat Cook (Pat's Podcast) <patspodcast@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone:
      >
      > I have one of those toll free numbers from K7.Net for feedback and
      > opinions to and about episodes of my show. But so far, all I've
      > received is NOTHING but recorded SPAM messages.
      >
      > My question to you is HOW do you deal with it? Is it really worth
      > keeping this number if this is all I will be receiving? If all I'm
      > going to be receiving is recorded SPAM, then I may as well just stick
      > with the PodOMatic audio recording system. Thoughts?
      >
      > Cheers :D
      >
      > --
      > Pat Cook
      > patspodcast@... <patspodcast%40gmail.com> (FEEDBACK EMAIL)
      > Denver, Colorado
      > PAT'S PODCAST - http://www.freewebtown.com/patspodcast2/
      > PAT'S VIDEOCAST - http://www.freewebtown.com/patsvideocast/
      > PAT'S PODCAST & VIDEOCAST MESSAGE BOARD -
      > http://patspodcast.proboards36.com/
      > SKYPE ME @ patspodcast
      >

      > .

      Are you receiving actual recorded phone messages or faxes? This is the
      first time I've heard of anyone getting recorded messages. I have heard a
      few instances of people getting spam faxes, though. Regardless, you may be
      able to register your number with the national do-not-call list, and that
      should eventually cut out the junk calls. There are rules as to what
      numbers can be registered with the do-not-call service, so the K7 numbers
      that most podcasters use may not be eligible. But you could check it out
      and see.

      --
      -Shawn "Shawno Gordo" Thorpe
      Hyper Nonsense - Talk, comedy, music and more!

      Shawnogram - Content = life.
      http://www.shawnogram.com/

      Phantom Power Media - Bloggy, podcasty
      http://www.phantompower.org/