Escape Pod on iTunes Main Page

  • Steven R. Boyett
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 10, 2007
      Yo, Eley! "Escape Pod" is on one of the three main rotating displays at the
      top of iTunes' Podcasting page. How'd ya pull that off (he asked jealously)?

      Steve Boyett
      www.djsteveboy.com <http://www.djsteveboy.com/>
      Podcasts: "Groovelectric" / "Podrunner"

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 10, 2007
        On 7/10/07, Steven R. Boyett <steve@...> wrote:
        > Yo, Eley! "Escape Pod" is on one of the three main rotating displays at the
        > top of iTunes' Podcasting page. How'd ya pull that off (he asked jealously)?

        Someone at Apple likes the podcast. Thanks for the heads-up -- I
        didn't know. >8->

        You'd had the same thing for Podrunner once or twice, though, haven't you?

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • Steven R. Boyett
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 10, 2007
          Podrunner and Groovelectric have both had space on the main page several
          times each (Groovelectric is currently up on the "Two Turntables and a
          Microphone" feature), but never on the big rotating display. I always felt
          sure it was paid-for advertising. What's a cynic like me to do when he finds
          out everything's on the up & up?

          Congratulations; I hope your downloads go through the roof!

          _____

          > Yo, Eley! "Escape Pod" is on one of the three main rotating displays at
          the
          > top of iTunes' Podcasting page. How'd ya pull that off (he asked
          jealously)?

          Someone at Apple likes the podcast. Thanks for the heads-up -- I
          didn't know. >8->

          You'd had the same thing for Podrunner once or twice, though, haven't you?

          Steve Eley (sfeley@gmail. <mailto:sfeley%40gmail.com> com)
          http://www.escapepo <http://www.escapepod.org> d.org

        • Andy Bilodeau
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 10, 2007
            On 7/10/07, Steven R. Boyett <steve@...> wrote:

            > Podrunner and Groovelectric have both had space on the main page several
            > times each (Groovelectric is currently up on the "Two Turntables and a
            > Microphone" feature), but never on the big rotating display. I always felt
            > sure it was paid-for advertising. What's a cynic like me to do when he finds
            > out everything's on the up & up?
            >
            > Congratulations; I hope your downloads go through the roof!

            Agreed. About time!

            Congrat Mr. Eley...you, of all people, certainly deserve it!

            --
            Andy Bilodeau

            The AndyCast PodCast
            You'll laugh 'til you stop!
            http://www.andycast.net

            Blog: http://andy.andycast.net
            Skype : andybilodeau
            Twitter : http://twitter.com/andycaster
          • Erik Fisher
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 11, 2007
              How does that work anyway? We're Both Right, my comedy show is listed on new
              releases on the front page too. Just curious. Is it all a mystery, or is
              there some sort of formula?

              Erik Fisher
              We're Both Right Podcast
              http://www.bothright.com

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 11, 2007
                On 7/11/07, Erik Fisher <ejfisher@...> wrote:
                > How does that work anyway? We're Both Right, my comedy show is listed on new
                > releases on the front page too. Just curious. Is it all a mystery, or is
                > there some sort of formula?

                Neither. There are a couple of guys at Apple whose job is to maintain
                the podcast directory, and they feature whatever they consider
                worthwhile or interesting. You can't campaign for it; they know
                what's doing well and what's being talked about, but what they
                spotlight is (as far as I know) entirely based on their individual
                judgment.

                http://www.escapepod.org
              • Jesse Thorn
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 11, 2007
                  --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Erik Fisher" <ejfisher@...> wrote:
                  > How does that work anyway? We're Both Right, my comedy show is
                  listed on new
                  > releases on the front page too. Just curious. Is it all a mystery, or is
                  > there some sort of formula?

                  iTunes' podcasting staff acts as a sort of editorial filter. They
                  listen to lots and lots of shows, particularly the ones that get a lot
                  of great reviews or are generating a lot of traffic, and they choose
                  shows to feature.

                  Jesse
                  The Sound of Young America
                  http://www.maximumfun.org
                • MissPeter
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 11, 2007

                    > Neither. There are a couple of guys at Apple whose job is to maintain
                    > the podcast directory, and they feature whatever they consider
                    > worthwhile or interesting. You can't campaign for it; they know
                    > what's doing well and what's being talked about, but what they
                    > spotlight is (as far as I know) entirely based on their individual
                    > judgment.

                    Apparently, those two guys don't like experimental music :(

                    http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people

                    http://digg.com/podcasts/musicNerve_com_strange_music_for_strange_people
                  • David Smith
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 11, 2007
                      It was 11 Jul 2007, when Stephen Eley commented:

                      > On 7/11/07, Erik Fisher <ejfisher@...> wrote:
                      > > How does that work anyway? We're Both Right, my comedy show is listed on
                      > > new releases on the front page too. Just curious. Is it all a mystery, or
                      > > is there some sort of formula?
                      >
                      > Neither. There are a couple of guys at Apple whose job is to maintain the
                      > podcast directory, and they feature whatever they consider worthwhile or
                      > interesting. You can't campaign for it; they know what's doing well and
                      > what's being talked about, but what they spotlight is (as far as I know)
                      > entirely based on their individual judgment.

                      I can see it now, a new podcast, "iTunesNation." Possibly involving wine -
                      - since it's Apple, probably a white wine. Maybe some cheese. No couch,
                      a couple of director's chairs. Already got the two guys, so they're all
                      set.

                      --

                      Grizzly's Growls Podcast: Talk and country music
                      <http://grizzly.libsyn.com> Delivered for free
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 12, 2007
                        ...and it has *nothing* to do with lap dances.

                        ---------
                        http://www.crescentstation.net