Re: [podcasters] Help With Publicity..

  • Brains Matter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3 7:01 PM
      Carl,

      I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago. Pat from Pat's
      Podcast responded with:

      You might wanna check out this website -
      http://www.mr-seo.com/wordpress/?p=45

      That'll get your feed out there. The other thing to do is to do a
      promo for your show, and there are a few sites that cater to
      cross-promotion of podcasts. (If you want to do that with me, let me
      know - same goes with anyone else out there!)

      - OG

      --
      Brains Matter Podcast
      Melbourne, Australia

      On 01/07/2007, at 10:09 PM, naughtydiesel wrote:

      > I have just launched a Podcast, and am doing it weekly. Its for Betting
      > and Horseracing in the UK. www.carlharris.co.uk/podcast. (site
      > awaiting designers attention) but I need to now let teh world know
      > that
      > its there.
      >
      > Any help anyone can give would be appreciated.
      >
      > Carl Harris

    • David Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3 7:59 PM
        It was 1 Jul 2007, when naughtydiesel commented:

        > I have just launched a Podcast, and am doing it weekly. Its for Betting and
        > Horseracing in the UK. www.carlharris.co.uk/podcast. (site awaiting
        > designers attention) but I need to now let teh world know that its there.
        >
        > Any help anyone can give would be appreciated.

        Well, what's worked for me, so far, up to a point, is just a little sig on
        my emails and newsgroup postings. Awareness is the first step. Try to
        post intelligent content in related email or news groups with the sig, and
        at least you'll get curiosity going -- there are lots of podcasts, but it
        seems like most people don't know what they are.

        I also listen to a fairly large number of other podcasts, and I voice-
        comment on those when I have something worthwhile to say, and always
        identify myself as "Grizzly from the Grizzly's Growls podcast." Note the
        something worthwhile to say, though; nobody wants an extra commercial in
        the middle of a show they love. I'd imagine radio shows would be a good
        outlet there, too. Any good \

        There are other good options, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of good
        posts on those, too. I don't follow that topic, but are there good
        betting and horseracing radio shows out there, that take listener calls?

        Good luck with your show.

        --
        Grizzly's Growls <grizzly at grizzly.podzone.org>
        Podcast: (n.) a talk show on the Web or iPod
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3 7:59 PM
          I've considered the Promo thing, but I have no idea what I'd say on a
          promo -- most of the time I have no idea what I'm going to say on the
          show! <grin> Sounds like it ought to be a good idea, though.

          It was 4 Jul 2007, when Brains Matter commented: