Switchpod stats go CRAZY

  • Cian Mac Mahon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
      Anybody else getting huge stat jumps using switchpod? Last month I
      got 900 times the amount of listeners i would usually get. And when I
      hand that graph to advertisers, the first thing they are going to ask
      is 'why did you bomb after?'

      Maybe i was featured somewhere and just missed it.

      Cian Mac Mahon
      Professional Teenage Podcaster
      Available for voice work, consulting
      www.stuffslashersaw.com
      www.viewfromthequad.com

    • cianmacmahon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Cian Mac Mahon <cianmm@...> wrote:

        > Anybody else getting huge stat jumps using switchpod? Last month I
        > got 900 times the amount of listeners i would usually get. And when I
        > hand that graph to advertisers, the first thing they are going to ask
        > is 'why did you bomb after?'
        >
        > Maybe i was featured somewhere and just missed it.

        > Cian Mac Mahon
        > Professional Teenage Podcaster
        > Available for voice work, consulting
        > www.stuffslashersaw.com
        > www.viewfromthequad.com

        Sorry. By 900 i meant 90. finger slipped.
      • Michael W. Dean
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "cianmacmahon" <cianmm@...> wrote:

          > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Cian Mac Mahon <cianmm@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Anybody else getting huge stat jumps using switchpod? Last month I
          > > got 900 times the amount of listeners i would usually get. And
          when I
          > > hand that graph to advertisers, the first thing they are going to
          ask
          > > is 'why did you bomb after?'
          > >
          > > Maybe i was featured somewhere and just missed it.

          ====
          probably someone using a download manager that gets each episode in
          many small nibbles that show up as seperate downloads.

          If the number of "downloads" goes way up but the total gigs of
          throughput doesn't, it's probably people using download managers.

          MWD

          "Clone The Homeless"
          Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
          was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
          http://www.clonethehomeless.com