The bounced emails

  • Variant Frequencies Podcast
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
      Andrew,

      Here is the message including headers.

      --------
      From: celise@...
      To: variantfrequencies@...
      Subject: Re: [podcasters] Bouncing emails
      Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:25:10 -0400

      The user celise@... does not accept mail from your address.

      The headers of the message sent from your address are show below:

      From goodseparate+caf_=celise=celisedowns.com@... Fri Jun 22 20:25:10
      2007
      miguelito76@..., nsardo@..., nmelnick1984@...,
      wendy_niles@..., rfrace@..., rmcmurrer@..., marko3345@...,
      joelcooper@..., torq@..., mistermcalister@...,
      markandwendie@..., waltersmithjr@...,
      peter.t.geoco@..., alex@...,
      shloelelpoyw@..., wayne@...,
      support@..., rcwmw1@..., celise@...,
      karthick.neelakandan@..., capiini@...,
      andersongrad2001@..., tmcdaniel4@..., homeessentials44@...,
      kirbyab3@..., bamatuskey@..., qtchickadee@...
      burnham83@..., miguelito76@..., nsardo@...,
      nmelnick1984@..., wendy_niles@..., rfrace@...,
      rmcmurrer@..., marko3345@..., joelcooper@...,
      torq@..., mistermcalister@..., markandwendie@...,
      waltersmithjr@..., peter.t.geoco@...,
      alex@..., shloelelpoyw@...,
      wayne@..., support@..., rcwmw1@...,
      celise@..., karthick.neelakandan@...,
      capiini@..., andersongrad2001@..., tmcdaniel4@...,
      homeessentials44@..., kirbyab3@..., bamatuskey@...,
      qtchickadee@...

      b=WKF5GpfA6oRioyU+ceB6IzMiwmILMRBQiFNoz3ovhmNVwi0E1tBPzTjQDkfIdkiSgpnYTXoyng
      ZIuCSemBTPXLtJvxe66Zb47ocYPbHUX0JAMswTnTrBHohmxrbZSPox;
      d=gmail.com; s=beta;

      h=domainkey-signature:received:received:user-agent:date:subject:to:message-i
      d:thread-topic:thread-index:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encod
      ing:from;

      b=eHFrr7mRuJs+adQNEUxblqzDe3b8QtsBxFARNyDoZlxo200T6Hg9V+coNjQVONu2fHdoYvlhBL
      nxw7kPREYmWKTph9Sh7LPbukRYwmELuOAb+3oB9Xv4Y9ZddsV2HPJuHxjAF4x8u3fTUnbV1aKEzz
      dFhVwwTmJqm6OBpH2zfzA=
      To: "podcasters@yahoogroups.com" <podcasters@yahoogroups.com>
      From: Variant Frequencies Podcast <variantfrequencies@...>
      Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:23:36 -0400
      Subject: [podcasters] Bouncing emails

      ---------

      Thanks.
      Rick
      ____
      Parsec Award Winner ­ 2006
      Best Fiction Story ­ Short

      Variant Frequencies Podcast
      http://www.variantfrequencies.com

      The Failed Cities Monologues
      http://www.podiobooks.com/title/the-failed-cities-monologues/

      Please consider the environment. Only print this email if necessary.
    • andrew clarke
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
        On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 02:12:57PM -0400, Variant Frequencies Podcast wrote:

        > Andrew,
        >
        > Here is the message including headers.
        >
        > --------

        Thanks.
      • I Print Stickers
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
          Hey Guys. I know many of you already know that I'm a screen printer
          and graphic designer...
          I never post emails like this here...

          I feel like the Podcast and New Media Expo is quickly approaching,
          since I'm beginning to make my own personal arrangements to attend.
          I also belong to AMP and we're also discussing promo items to have at
          the event.

          Last year, I received several sticker orders very close to the day my
          plane left town. (Thanks -- You know who you are)

          I was literally printing and working on goods right up until I left
          my house to go to the airport. If that happens again this year, I'm
          fine with it, but I thought I'd send this email out to encourage some
          advance orders for folks who are thinking of ordering promo goods
          through me, or really even any other printer that might be stressed
          if they get hit with a rushed deadline by one of us.

          There are many other conventions that will happen over the next few
          months that some of us will be attending as well -- conventions
          focused on comics, sci fi, etc.

          So here it is folks...

          **I print stickers, shirts and other promo items.**
          I can even print low run cdrs. That's a good way to promote your
          show to those who dont listen to podcasts and the cds that I screen
          print are more professional looking than cds that are printed by
          directly by inkjet or worse, decorated with a paper label.

          Let me know if you have any questions or would like to place an order
          very soon to have the items at the expo.

          PLEASE WRITE ME OFF LIST AT THIS ADDRESS: EMAIL@...
          or feel free to call me. 586 757 9378

          Thanks for your time.
          Jasper
          http://plannineprint.com
        • I Print Stickers
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
            After I writing my last email to the group, this topic came to my
            mind as a good thing to discuss...

            What are you doing to promote your show and what methods do you find
            achieve the best results?

            Personally, I do a lot of myspace marketing.

            I occasionally promote in other yahoo groups that are dedicated to my
            shows topic.

            I also have business cards printed that are unique to the show to
            give to bands and more professional types if I need them to contact
            me directly about something related to the show.

            I also have larger promo cards that promote the show that I hand out
            to show goers and put in record stores and other stores where I think
            potential listeners will see them. I also distributed some cards at
            The Motor City Comic Con that I recently attended.

            I put stickers in strategic locations and give them away as well. I
            also give away shirts to people if I know they'll wear them or to
            bands on tour, who are always looking for clean clothes to wear. I
            plan to give away more shirts to the bands that I play. Many of them
            are in support of the show and are happy to promote it and wear my
            logo. Giving away shirts can get pricey though.

            That's what I've done. It's hard to say what has achieved the best
            results. Of course, I can tell by my site stats if people visit my
            page through one of my myspace links, but as you know the offline
            stuff is always harder to track.

            Jasper fromThePlanNineRockShow
            http://plannineprint.com
          • Steven R. Boyett
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
              --I have unique logos for each podcast
              --I DJ parties & events for free where the exposure will be good for the
              podcasts, and I prominently display posters & flyers for my podcasts
              --Per above, I have 4 x 6 flyers, business cards, and posters
              --I reply to ALL my listener email
              --I post on topic-relevant forums
              --I sell T shirts and give away promo shirts
              --I have a newsletter with background info, discounts, contests, and access
              to exclusive content
              --I have a Yahoo Group for listener discussions & resources
              --I include my site URL & podcast names/descriptions in sign lines for
              emails & forums
              --I put a Flash mp3 player on my website
              --I (try to) make it easy to subscribe or direct-download
              --I provide playlists for the tracks on the mixes in the mp3 ID3 tag, on the
              site, and in the mix's dedicated popup page
              --I provide links to the original tracks on Beatport.com
              --I reply to other people's complimentary blog entries about my podcasts and
              thank them
              --I write thank-you emails to Apple iTunes Support when they have featured
              my podcasts
              --I provide code for a feed player that can live on the listener's own site
              --I will give an interview to practically anyone who asks for one
              --I find addresses & email addys for publications (hard & soft) relevant to
              my podcasts, and I send them occasional PR releases when there is something
              to announce. I thank these publications when they run them
              --I have a ready-to-go media kit with long & short bios, podcast
              descriptions & latest PR releases, logos, headshots, and links.\
              --I do not publicly denigrate other podcasts that are potential competitors;
              by the same token, I try to respond to criticism in the most positive manner
              I can. This last point is probably the hardest for me.

              I'm sure I do a lot more, but that's what I can think of off the bat.

              Steve Boyett
              www.djsteveboy.com <http://www.djsteveboy.com/>
              Podcasts: "Groovelectric" / "Podrunner"

              _____

[...]

              http://plannineprin <http://plannineprint.com> t.com

            • Larry Wanger
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
                Can you say more aboutt how you use Myspace? I've been considering
                usiing Myspace and other services like it to promote my show. What
                are people doing to use these services?
                On Jun 24, 2007, at 12:10 PM, I Print Stickers wrote:

                > After I writing my last email to the group, this topic came to my
                > mind as a good thing to discuss...
                >
                > What are you doing to promote your show and what methods do you find
                > achieve the best results?
                >
                > Personally, I do a lot of myspace marketing.
                >
                > I occasionally promote in other yahoo groups that are dedicated to my
                > shows topic.
                >
                > I also have business cards printed that are unique to the show to
                > give to bands and more professional types if I need them to contact
                > me directly about something related to the show.
                >
                > I also have larger promo cards that promote the show that I hand out
                > to show goers and put in record stores and other stores where I think
                > potential listeners will see them. I also distributed some cards at
                > The Motor City Comic Con that I recently attended.
                >
                > I put stickers in strategic locations and give them away as well. I
                > also give away shirts to people if I know they'll wear them or to
                > bands on tour, who are always looking for clean clothes to wear. I
                > plan to give away more shirts to the bands that I play. Many of them
                > are in support of the show and are happy to promote it and wear my
                > logo. Giving away shirts can get pricey though.
                >
                > That's what I've done. It's hard to say what has achieved the best
                > results. Of course, I can tell by my site stats if people visit my
                > page through one of my myspace links, but as you know the offline
                > stuff is always harder to track.
                >
                > Jasper fromThePlanNineRockShow
                > http://plannineprint.com

              • Steven R. Boyett
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
                  For my part, I avoid myspace like the plague. I have a site because one of
                  my podcast names had already been squatted, but I rarely update or maintain
                  it. Myspace is clunky, slow, ugly, not very flexible, takes a ton more
                  attention than it's worth, and requires some kind of Mensa coding skills to
                  customize into something you'd want to spend more than 30 seconds looking
                  at. Why bother when I can make my own site look the way I want to and drive
                  traffic to it instead?

                  That's just me, of course.

                  Steve Boyett
                  www.djsteveboy.com <http://www.djsteveboy.com/>
                  Can you say more aboutt how you use Myspace? I've been considering
                  usiing Myspace and other services like it to promote my show. What
                  are people doing to use these services?
                  On Jun 24, 2007, at 12:10 PM, I Print Stickers wrote:

                  > After I writing my last email to the group, this topic came to my
                  > mind as a good thing to discuss...
                  >
                  > What are you doing to promote your show and what methods do you find
                  > achieve the best results?
                  >
                  > Personally, I do a lot of myspace marketing.
                  >
                  > I occasionally promote in other yahoo groups that are dedicated to my
                  > shows topic.
                  >
                  > I also have business cards printed that are unique to the show to
                  > give to bands and more professional types if I need them to contact
                  > me directly about something related to the show.
                  >
                  > I also have larger promo cards that promote the show that I hand out
                  > to show goers and put in record stores and other stores where I think
                  > potential listeners will see them. I also distributed some cards at
                  > The Motor City Comic Con that I recently attended.
                  >
                  > I put stickers in strategic locations and give them away as well. I
                  > also give away shirts to people if I know they'll wear them or to
                  > bands on tour, who are always looking for clean clothes to wear. I
                  > plan to give away more shirts to the bands that I play. Many of them
                  > are in support of the show and are happy to promote it and wear my
                  > logo. Giving away shirts can get pricey though.
                  >
                  > That's what I've done. It's hard to say what has achieved the best
                  > results. Of course, I can tell by my site stats if people visit my
                  > page through one of my myspace links, but as you know the offline
                  > stuff is always harder to track.
                  >
                  > Jasper fromThePlanNineRockShow
                  > http://plannineprin <http://plannineprint.com> t.com

                • Douglas E. Welch
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
                    > For my part, I avoid myspace like the plague. I have a site because one of
                    > my podcast names had already been squatted, but I rarely update or maintain
                    > it. Myspace is clunky, slow, ugly, not very flexible, takes a ton more
                    > attention than it's worth, and requires some kind of Mensa coding skills to
                    > customize into something you'd want to spend more than 30 seconds looking
                    > at. Why bother when I can make my own site look the way I want to and drive
                    > traffic to it instead?
                    >
                    > That's just me, of course.

                    For my part, I re-blog to MySpace specifically for those folks that LIVE in
                    MySpace. I don't spend a lot of time on it, but provide it as another way to
                    stumble across my work.

                    I only "friend" people I am acquainted with and all the links on MySpace
                    point back to my home site where readers/listeners can find the total show
                    package, etc.

                    Douglas

                    --
                    I make computing clear...
                    Computer writing, coaching, consulting and seminars
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
                      I approach MySpace myself, but one of our cast members handles our
                      MySpace profile.

                      http://myspace.com/whatthecast

                      It's a simple profile that does not look like ass when compared to most
                      of MySpace (in my opinion).

                      The profile is used to ...
                      1. Take advantage of people who use MySpace as a "friend aggregator",
                      similar to LiveJournal (which we also need to use).
                      2. Draw traffic back to the main site.
                      3. Make it easy for people who like MySpace but aren't into podcasts to
                      play the show (Podcast Pickle Player fits right into the profile, pulls
                      from the same feed).

                      With a multi-person podcast, we can split social networking duties so I
                      don't get any MySpace on my hands (ew).

                      - http://siliconchef.com
                      - http://dragoncontv.com
                      - http://whatthecast.com
                      - http://www.3chip.com
                    • chris2x
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
                        That's a great list

                        --I have postcards (just got them), business cards, and new travel posters
                        (http://AmateurTraveler/posters)
                        --I reply to ALL my listener email
                        --I post on topic-relevant forums
                        --I sell T shirts, mugs, etc (only to myself in the year I have had them), I use them inn
                        contests like this month's trivia contest (http://amateurtraveler.com/board/viewtopic.php?
                        t=781)
                        --I have a weekly newsletter with links to the show and news (small but growing)
                        --I have discussion boards
                        --I include my site URL & podcast names/descriptions in sign lines for emails & forums
                        --I put a Flash mp3 player on my website
                        --I (try to) make it easy to subscribe or direct-download
                        --I reply to other people's complimentary blog entries about my podcasts and thank them
                        --I write thank-you emails to Apple iTunes Support when they have featured my podcasts
                        --I will give an interview to practically anyone who asks for one
                        --I have an about me page with backgrounnd information and press info
                        --I announce each new show on MySpace, facebook, PodcastingNews.com,
                        PodcastPickle.com,popcurrent.com,netscape.com,onlywire.com,reddit.com,groups.google.
                        com,stumbleupon.com
                        --I email editors of About.com when I talke about an area they cover
                        --I invite on other podcasters, authors and bloggers as guests who often cross promote
                        the show

                        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Steven R. Boyett" <steve@...> wrote:

                        > --I have unique logos for each podcast
                        > --I DJ parties & events for free where the exposure will be good for the
                        > podcasts, and I prominently display posters & flyers for my podcasts
                        > --Per above, I have 4 x 6 flyers, business cards, and posters
                        > --I reply to ALL my listener email
                        > --I post on topic-relevant forums
                        > --I sell T shirts and give away promo shirts
                        > --I have a newsletter with background info, discounts, contests, and access
                        > to exclusive content
                        > --I have a Yahoo Group for listener discussions & resources
                        > --I include my site URL & podcast names/descriptions in sign lines for
                        > emails & forums
                        > --I put a Flash mp3 player on my website
                        > --I (try to) make it easy to subscribe or direct-download
                        > --I provide playlists for the tracks on the mixes in the mp3 ID3 tag, on the
                        > site, and in the mix's dedicated popup page
                        > --I provide links to the original tracks on Beatport.com
                        > --I reply to other people's complimentary blog entries about my podcasts and
                        > thank them
                        > --I write thank-you emails to Apple iTunes Support when they have featured
                        > my podcasts
                        > --I provide code for a feed player that can live on the listener's own site
                        > --I will give an interview to practically anyone who asks for one
                        > --I find addresses & email addys for publications (hard & soft) relevant to
                        > my podcasts, and I send them occasional PR releases when there is something
                        > to announce. I thank these publications when they run them
                        > --I have a ready-to-go media kit with long & short bios, podcast
                        > descriptions & latest PR releases, logos, headshots, and links.\
                        > --I do not publicly denigrate other podcasts that are potential competitors;
                        > by the same token, I try to respond to criticism in the most positive manner
                        > I can. This last point is probably the hardest for me.
                        >
                        > I'm sure I do a lot more, but that's what I can think of off the bat.
                        >
                        > Steve Boyett
                        > www.djsteveboy.com <http://www.djsteveboy.com/>
                        > Podcasts: "Groovelectric" / "Podrunner"

                      • Brains Matter
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
                          Thanks!

                          --
                          Brains Matter Podcast
                          Melbourne, Australia

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
                            Hey Larry. I post regular bulletins.

                            After every show, I leave a comment on the band's page and their
                            record label's profile to let their fans know that I've played them
                            with my show's link.
                            Then, I contact the band and record label directly and write them a
                            more formal email, letting them know that I've included a song and a
                            link to my episode.

                            I also request that if possible, they could post a bulletin to their
                            myspace friends or include my the announcement in their blogs, news
                            page, message board or direct email newsletter to their fans.

                            After receiving these emails, several record labels have put me on
                            their mailing lists and I get promo cds before the release date.

                            Jasper
                            http://plannineprint.com

                            > Can you say more aboutt how you use Myspace? I've been considering
                            > usiing Myspace and other services like it to promote my show. What
                            > are people doing to use these services?
                            > On Jun 24, 2007, at 12:10 PM, I Print Stickers wrote:
                            >
                            > > After I writing my last email to the group, this topic came to my
                            > > mind as a good thing to discuss...
                            > >
                            > > What are you doing to promote your show and what methods do you find
                            > > achieve the best results?
                            > >
                            > > Personally, I do a lot of myspace marketing.
                            > >
                            > > I occasionally promote in other yahoo groups that are dedicated
                            > to my
                            > > shows topic.
                            > >
                            > > I also have business cards printed that are unique to the show to
                            > > give to bands and more professional types if I need them to contact
                            > > me directly about something related to the show.
                            > >
                            > > I also have larger promo cards that promote the show that I hand out
                            > > to show goers and put in record stores and other stores where I
                            > think
                            > > potential listeners will see them. I also distributed some cards at
                            > > The Motor City Comic Con that I recently attended.
                            > >
                            > > I put stickers in strategic locations and give them away as well. I
                            > > also give away shirts to people if I know they'll wear them or to
                            > > bands on tour, who are always looking for clean clothes to wear. I
                            > > plan to give away more shirts to the bands that I play. Many of them
                            > > are in support of the show and are happy to promote it and wear my
                            > > logo. Giving away shirts can get pricey though.
                            > >
                            > > That's what I've done. It's hard to say what has achieved the best
                            > > results. Of course, I can tell by my site stats if people visit my
                            > > page through one of my myspace links, but as you know the offline
                            > > stuff is always harder to track.
                            > >
                            > > Jasper fromThePlanNineRockShow
                            > > http://plannineprint.com

                          • I Print Stickers
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
                              Myspace marketing grows your audience and exposes podcasting to the
                              mainstream.

                              It has many flaws. Everyone knows that.

                              If you are happy with your audience #s, then avoid it.

                              Jasper
                              http://plannineprint.com

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
                                <<If you are happy with your audience #s, then avoid it.>>
                                Sold!

                                --steve boyett

                                _____

                                Myspace marketing grows your audience and exposes podcasting to the
                                mainstream.

                                It has many flaws. Everyone knows that.

                                If you are happy with your audience #s, then avoid it.

                                Jasper
                                http://plannineprin <http://plannineprint.com> t.com

                                > > For my part, I avoid myspace like the plague. I have a site
                                > because one of
                                > > my podcast names had already been squatted, but I rarely update
                                > or maintain
                                > > it. Myspace is clunky, slow, ugly, not very flexible, takes a ton
                                > more
                                > > attention than it's worth, and requires some kind of Mensa coding
                                > skills to
                                > > customize into something you'd want to spend more than 30 seconds
                                > looking
                                > > at. Why bother when I can make my own site look the way I want to
                                > and drive
                                > > traffic to it instead?
                                > >
                                > > That's just me, of course.
                                >
                                > For my part, I re-blog to MySpace specifically for those folks that
                                > LIVE in
                                > MySpace. I don't spend a lot of time on it, but provide it as
                                > another way to
                                > stumble across my work.
                                >
                                > I only "friend" people I am acquainted with and all the links on
                                > MySpace
                                > point back to my home site where readers/listeners can find the
                                > total show
                                > package, etc.
                                >
                                > Douglas
                                >
                                > --
                                > I make computing clear...
                                > Computer writing, coaching, consulting and seminars
                                > http://www.welchwri <http://www.welchwrite.com/> te.com/ --
                                douglas@welchwrite. <mailto:douglas%40welchwrite.com> com

                              • Shawn Thorpe
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jun 24, 2007
                                  On 6/24/07, I Print Stickers <alrighta@...> wrote:

                                  > Myspace marketing grows your audience and exposes podcasting to the
                                  > mainstream.
                                  >
                                  > It has many flaws. Everyone knows that.
                                  >
                                  > If you are happy with your audience #s, then avoid it.
                                  >
                                  > Jasper
                                  > http://plannineprint.com

                                  We have a MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/hypernonsense) and anytime we put
                                  up a new show, we send out a bulletin and we also post a blog entry that
                                  points back to the original show entry on our main site. We also have the
                                  multi-episode PodcastReady Flash Player on our profile page.

                                  --
                                  -Shawn "Shawno Gordo" Thorpe
                                  Hyper Nonsense - Talk, comedy, music and more!

                                  Shawnogram - Content = life.
                                  http://www.shawnogram.com/

                                  Phantom Power Media - Bloggy, podcasty
                                  http://www.phantompower.org/