Re: Zoom H4 Handy Recorder questions

  • Michael W. Dean
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 17 3:37 PM
      And I also did some recording with some Studio Projects B1s, and they
      > sound really good. It doesn't have the gain to handle really
      > gain-heavy mics (my shure sm7s, for example),

      So it would not work for sure with a RE-20, right?

      I've ordered an H2 from zzounds.com, but they don't ship until August.
      I was thinking of calling zzounds.com and seeing if I can up my order
      from an H2 to an H4.
      They might do it, since they'd make 100 bucks more and the H2 doesn't
      ship for two months.

      I'm not sure there's much reason other than getting it quicker
      though...(thoughts?)....and no one really knows because the H2 hasn't
      shipped to consumers yet (though some reviewers have gotten them.)

      How well does the H4 work with an external large-diaphragm condenser
      mic? And does that drain the battery quickly?

      --MWD
      "Clone The Homeless"
      Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
      was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
      http://www.clonethehomeless.com