Does any one hear use a FIRE BOX interface? Also welcome feedback podcast

  • Martin Brossman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 17, 2007
      Does any one hear use a FIRE BOX firewire interface? A limiter, if so
      which one?

      Also I welcome feedback on my podcast ( www.inquireonline.info
      ) . I am working to get the equipment and settings correct and welcome
      any feedback on my blog. If you want email me directly about the blog my
      email is martin@... <mailto:martin@...>

      Also, does anyone use WaveLab to edit? If so I created a group for it:

      Martin Brossman

      www.inquireonline.info

    • mzovadia
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 18, 2007
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Brossman" <martin@...> wrote:

        > Does any one hear use a FIRE BOX firewire interface? A limiter, if so
        > which one?

        Hi, Martin. We use a Firebox to produce a podcast at Miami University
        and it's a great product. I was disappointed later, however, when I
        wanted to add a Presonus COMP16 Compressor/Limiter to the Firebox. The
        compressor could not be attached to the Firebox. So, if that's what you
        plan to do, just be aware of this limitation.

        Micah Ovadia
        www.poducateme.com
      • Martin Brossman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 19, 2007
          Thanks for the tip on the compressor problem. I am talking with their
          support about that now and they say that the Alesis compressor I have
          can but I need to put it between the mic amp and the unit.. we will
          see! Did you contact their technical support about it?

          Martin Brossman

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "mzovadia" <mzovadia@...> wrote:

          > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Brossman" <martin@>
          wrote:

          > > Does any one hear use a FIRE BOX firewire interface? A limiter,
          if so
          > > which one?
          > >
          > Hi, Martin. We use a Firebox to produce a podcast at Miami
          University
          > and it's a great product. I was disappointed later, however, when I
          > wanted to add a Presonus COMP16 Compressor/Limiter to the Firebox.
          The
          > compressor could not be attached to the Firebox. So, if that's what
          you
          > plan to do, just be aware of this limitation.
          >
          > Micah Ovadia
          > www.poducateme.com

        • mzovadia
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 19, 2007
            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Brossman" <martin@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the tip on the compressor problem. I am talking with their
            > support about that now and they say that the Alesis compressor I have
            > can but I need to put it between the mic amp and the unit.. we will
            > see! Did you contact their technical support about it?

            I spoke with a couple of people at zZounds.com and both said I could not link the 2 PreSonus
            units together. I would have to purchase a mixer or another interface, since the Firebox
            doesn't have I/O for effects. I wouldn't buy and use a mixer and the interface together,
            however, since most mixers already have built-in preamps. I would just buy a mixer with
            good preamps.

            Thanks,
            Micah
            www.poducateme.com
          • Martin Brossman
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 24, 2007
              Please keep me informed on what you finaly set up! Love to get anyone
              useing FireBox in the podcasting Technology group

              Thanks