Re: [podcasters] Libsyn stats.

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 1, 2007
      It was 1 Jun 2007, when Andy Bilodeau commented:

      > My numbers have climbed dramatically since I started Twittering and
      > apparently I'm huge in Asia...LOL..

      As it turns out, I have the same number of listeners in Germany as I have
      in my home town. How that happened, I can't imagine. I don't speak
      German. Even had one listener recommend the show to a relative, who said
      she'd listen if I did the show in German.

      Maybe I should learn a new language?

      --
      Grizzly <grizzly at grizzly.podzone.org>
      Podcast:
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 1, 2007
        On 6/1/07, Steven R. Boyett <steve@...> wrote:

        > Oh, believe me, I am grateful for it. I even DJ'd their party at PME last
        > year, and will gladly do so this year.

        Man! Last year's libsyn party...wow. That was a good night.

        http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people

        http://digg.com/podcasts/musicNerve_com_strange_music_for_strange_people
      • Steven R. Boyett
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 1, 2007
          Yah, I had a blast! Glad you had fun. If any party that's shut down by the
          authorities is a success, we were a success three times over. :)

          Bigger & better this year, I hope.

          Steve Boyett
          www.djsteveboy.com <http://www.djsteveboy.com/>
          Podcasts: "Groovelectric" / "Podrunner"

          _____

          > Oh, believe me, I am grateful for it. I even DJ'd their party at PME last
          > year, and will gladly do so this year.

          Man! Last year's libsyn party...wow. That was a good night.

          http://www.musicNer <http://www.musicNerve.com> ve.com - strange music for
          strange people

          http://digg.

          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 1, 2007
            On 6/1/07, Steven R. Boyett <steve@...> wrote:

            > Yah, I had a blast! Glad you had fun. If any party that's shut down by the
            > authorities is a success, we were a success three times over. :)
            >
            > Bigger & better this year, I hope.

            Good music too, I didn't realize that was you. I had so much fun that
            I pooped my pants on the way back to my room.

            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 1, 2007
              On 6/1/07, Jesse Thorn <splangy@...> wrote:

              > There are other options, of course. Steve Eley runs his very popular
              > Escape Pod empire from Dreamhost, if I'm not mistaken, for a very
              > reasonable price. No podcast-specific stats, of course... but in that
              > area, Libsyn is provide pretty close to a unique service as a host.

              You're correct. Right now I'm using the PodPress plugin as my primary
              stats source for download tracking. It's not perfect, but it's
              simple, and when I do sell ads I'm not doing it on a CPM basis anyway.

              http://www.escapepod.org
            • Paul Campbell
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 2, 2007
                Apache-style log analysers.

                I'll assume your using Windows. I don't have access to a Windows PC at the
                weekend, so I can't try these out to see if they really are any good.

                * Xlogan (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/xlogan.html)
                Freeware

                * Advanced Log Analyzer (http://www.abacre.com/ala/index.htm)
                Free 30 day demo

                * Surfstats Log Analyzer (
                http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Servers/Server-Tools/Surfstats-Log-Analyzer-Standard-Edition.shtml
                )
                Free 30 day demo
                **
                Xlogan looks the most useful, not just because of it having a 30 day expiry.

                --
                Paul

                On 6/2/07, Steven R. Boyett <steve@...> wrote:

                > I would hugely welcome information as to how to read the raw logs. Libsyn
                > merely says, Here are the raw logs. I don't know what that means. I
                > shouldn't have to be an IT Admin magna cum laude MIT grad to get logs. The
                > assumption that the producer base of podcasting consists people steeped in
                > Web technology (though probably largely true) is very telling. In a bigger
                > picture, I think the level of expertise required to find, subscribe to,
                > play, and transfer a podcast (when compared to, say, your car radio), much
                > less the expertise required to produce one, is indicative of how far
                > podcasting has to go to become "grassroots." On the other hand, it's
                > hugely
                > bolstering to see how far it's come in such a short time.
                >
                > In any case, I wish I knew what to do with that raw info.
                >
                > Steve Boyett
                > www.djsteveboy.com <http://www.djsteveboy.com/>
                > Podcasts: "Groovelectric" / "Podrunner"
                >
                > Not every man knows what he shall sing at the end,
                > Watching the pier as the ship sails away, or what it will seem like
                > When he's held by the sea's roar, motionless, there at the end,
                > Or what he shall hope for once it is clear he'll never go back.
                > --Mark Strand
                > _____

                Paul W. Campbell
                * IM - AIM & Twitter: kemitix / MSN: paul@... / Yahoo:
                kemitixii
                * New from Cossmass Productions: Estalvin's Legacy - Episode 1:
                http://estalvinslegacy.info/
                * Promo: http://cossmass.co.uk/series/estalvinslegacy/promos

              • Steven R. Boyett
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 2, 2007
                  Now how could a DJ ask for more than that?