Looking for Talent for the Podcast

  • Jeri Who
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2007
      I produce the Recovering Fundamentalists podcast, a program designed
      to provide comfort, commentary, and comedy to people who have been
      victims of abusive Christian Fundamentalist churches.

      I am a Christian, and my audience is 90% Christian. I am looking for
      the following:

      Clean religious humor. I don't mind if it's edgy (Jonathan Swift edgy,
      not Cheech and Chong edgy), but I would have to turn down (or edit
      out) profanity or off-color language.

      Clean humor that is folksy or clean humor that is really off-the-wall
      ("Zombies of Denny's" and "Moose in my House" or two bits I used
      recently). Think old Bill Cosby stories and Lake Wobegone.

      I love Peeper Radio Theatre, so anything similar to their style would
      be great.

      Also looking for Folk rock gospel songs and hymns

      Also looking for Classic gospel songs and hymns

      Any Celtic or Appalachian style music, religious or not, woudl be very
      welcome.

      I use a lot of Fugli, Brobdingnagian Bards, Peeper Radio Theatre, some
      Smartbomb radio. I've also used a musical piece from a Japanese men's
      choir who did "Agnus Dei" their way (cool but unusual) and every now
      and then I use Contemporary Christian music, but not often because
      most of it is really poor.

      I'll credit contributors, boost any CD they have produced, and point
      listeners to your web site. I expect that we would be abiding by the
      Creative Commons license.

      You can reach me at jeriwho@...

      Best wishes,
      Jeri