Re: why aren't we showing up in iTunes category

  • ssukotto
    Message 1 of 10 , May 23, 2007
      > Even though you click "see all"? That bites.

      I would say that the truly frustrating thing is building an audience
      for a young podcast. It wouldn't be a good customer experience to list
      all x-thousand Kids & Family podcasts alphabetically for a user to
      browse through and hopefully find something interesting--they're much
      more likely to give up after a few stabs at low-quality content.

      That's why what is presented to users, when they're browsing, is stuff
      that has met some tests of popularity and consistency. For a new
      podcast, one goal might be to drive enough traffic and interest to
      make it into that list, and then to receive the benefit from being
      listed there.

      -S