That creamy NPR sound?

  • Michael W. Dean
    Message 1 of 49 , May 19, 2007
      While we're on the subject of compressors and noise gates, does anyone
      have information (or an educated conjecture) on how high-end public
      radio, especially NPR, gets that wonderful creamy sound?

      I'm guessing it's a combination of hosts who are just amazing at
      talking, mixed with incredibly expensive mics, antique hand-carved
      cold war Czechoslovakian tube pre-amps purchased at the Radio Free
      Europe yard sale, and a fair-trade weasel running on a treadmill, but
      that's just a guess.

      If someone knows exactly what they use, lay it on me. (I'm not looking
      to replicate it, just curious.)

      Thanks
      Michael W. Dean
    • Rich
      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 17, 2007
        On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 23:18 -0400, Flyswatter wrote:

        > It, and you, look FIERCE!

        I think you've been watching a little too much "What Not To Wear" !

        :-)

        Rich...